Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Dream Continues! Project 2! Pic Heavy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plots a looking good and should be good to go when the first freeze hits! With low temps this morning in the 40's bigger deer are beginning to move! Good luck out there
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Darton; 10-11-2018, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Looking good. Good luck with that buck this year. Might as well broadcast some seed on those new clearings!

Comment

Well just one more week to go and it will be a wrap! This season has been a disaster with all of the oil field activity around my place. After a visit you would think they just discovered Spindle Top! Not one picture or sighting of a mature deer after they began in Mid September. At this point they are finally starting to move on, but it ends up being too little too late for my season. As a result, I have launched a trapping offensive against the predator population and it is really paying off! I hope my efforts spare a few fawns this year! On to more projects
        Attached Files

Comment

It will help not only fawns but the quail. Also coons are bad on their nests

Comment

NICE!! Love trapping those big wooly Okie Yotes!

Comment

I want to do some trapping at my place but dang neighbors dogs roam free on my place from time to time and i'd hate to catch one...maybe. Jokes aside I'd sure like to get a few yotes.

Comment

wow, that is nice....

Comment

Great looking place buddy

Comment

Awesome! Can you give me some details on what and how your trapping???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                      It will help not only fawns but the quail. Also coons are bad on their nests
                      Great to hear that since I released 50 in September

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                        I want to do some trapping at my place but dang neighbors dogs roam free on my place from time to time and i'd hate to catch one...maybe. Jokes aside I'd sure like to get a few yotes.
                        It is the only effective option I have found! It hunts when you cant 24/7

Originally posted by HHBuck View Post
                        wow, that is nice....
                        Thanks

Originally posted by HCGedge3 View Post
                        Great looking place buddy
                        Thank you sir

Comment

Originally posted by ethic1 View Post
                          Awesome! Can you give me some details on what and how your trapping???

Actually I am being an apprentice to my neighbors son who is a magician! We run snares on trails through the fence, but our main stations with spring traps are baited with deer hides with trails made 360 to the bait. All traps are set around the perimeter, which is about 50 ft to the bait station, because, according to my teacher, they rarely come in until their investigation of the perimeter is checked! He has an amazing success rate and I just keep on learning
                          Last edited by Darton; 01-07-2019, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Gotcha. Your putting em down

Comment

Hate to hear about the oil field activity. I was just thinking the other day if you had connected on one of your early target bucks.

For every one of those fawn catchers you take out, it will pay dividends.

How did your plots turn out? Have you got a hard freeze on them yet?

Rwc

Comment

Well, rats on the season and pipeline activity! I was wondering the other day how your hunts were going. I know it must be disappointing after all your work getting ready, but...those bucks are still there and will be getting fat on your plots! That is one pretty place with a well thought out plan!

Comment

Working...
                                X