• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out LaRue

Comment

Just go with APR and be done with it!!

Comment

I own two Christensen Rifles a Ridgeline in 6.5 PRC and a Mesa Long Range in 300WM and they both shoot lights out sub MOA as long as I do my part. Both with factory ammo. I have two other hunting buddies that own the Ridgeline and they have had the same experience as mine with their rifles. I would absolutely buy another one no questions asked.

I was late on the group buy for the carbon build with APR and thought about paying full price for one of their rifles, but just couldn't pony up the extra $1k. For what you're looking for the Christensen sounds like it should fit the bill. If you have the money and can justify the added expense go with the APR.

Comment

Is there any chance that any negativity coming towards these rifles are from guys that are throwing 5k or more at custom builds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is there any chance that any negativity coming towards these rifles are from guys that are throwing 5k or more at custom builds?

Comment

Mine shoots just fine, no issues. Just like any mass production item, you’ll get good ones and bad ones. I wouldn’t be hesitant to purchase another one based on my experience. 20” 6.5CM with 135 Bergers, 3 shot @ 100 yds.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post

Can't speak for others but I'm not. When I got mine it was by far the most expensive rifle I ever had. Now the most expensive is the APR i just got and its only a few hundred $ more than the Christensen. Even before I got the APR I had decided it was not worth the money for a Christensen. I have several $500 - $800 rifles that shoot better than the Christensen before I had it bedded. But like others said its a production rifle coming off an assembly line so some will be great and some not. If you get one that is not great you have to fight tooth and nail to get them to make it right. Granted they could have told me to pound sand as I had disclosed that I had shoot reloads thru it and that voids the warranty, but after many phone calls and emails they did finally send me a new rifle.

Comment

Flash, I just got this email with Christensen deals and thought of you: https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst...ampaign=082719

Comment

Is there any chance that any negativity coming towards these rifles are from guys that are throwing 5k or more at custom build ?
                    I don't see any negativity, just people stating facts based on their experience having owned a Christensen or having built a custom rifle. I've built/owned probably 50 custom rifles and the most I ever spent was $3100 on a full blown benchrest rifle. Custom rifles with a trued 700 action, match grade barrel, and an HS Precision stock can be built for $1500 all day long. If you decide on a custom action, CF barrel, and HS stock you can build a rifle for $2500.

GS's such as Jarrett, Sisk, GAP, McWhorter, HCR, MG Arms, etc... are the ones charging $5K and people with limited rifle building experience are the one's paying these asking prices. Kenny Jarrett was a master at marketing his 280 Ackley Improved "beanfield rifle" 30 years ago. He found a clientele (doctors, lawyers, dentists, etc...) that had $5,000 to spend on a Jarrett built rifle. Other GS's followed his lead with marketing and asking high prices. Jarrett figured it was easier to sell 100 rifles at $5,000 vs. selling 250 rifles at $2,000.

I don't tell people how to spend their hard earned money. If they have the funds and want a rifle built by ( fill in the blank ) then go for it. My philosophy is educating the newcomer to custom rifle builds, component prices, where to shop for available components, and options that may be best suited for their dream rifle build.

FWIW, the CA Ridgeline is a great value priced semi-custom rifle at $1800-$2000. The same rifle can be built for $2500 yet with everything exactly how you want it (stock and metal finish/color).

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                      I don't see any negativity, just people stating facts based on their experience having owned a Christensen or having built a custom rifle. I've built/owned probably 50 custom rifles and the most I ever spent was $3100 on a full blown benchrest rifle. Custom rifles with a trued 700 action, match grade barrel, and an HS Precision stock can be built for $1500 all day long. If you decide on a custom action, CF barrel, and HS stock you can build a rifle for $2500.

GS's such as Jarrett, Sisk, GAP, McWhorter, HCR, MG Arms, etc... are the ones charging $5K and people with limited rifle building experience are the one's paying these asking prices. Kenny Jarrett was a master at marketing his 280 Ackley Improved "beanfield rifle" 30 years ago. He found a clientele (doctors, lawyers, dentists, etc...) that had $5,000 to spend on a Jarrett built rifle. Other GS's followed his lead with marketing and asking high prices. Jarrett figured it was easier to sell 100 rifles at $5,000 vs. selling 250 rifles at $2,000.

I don't tell people how to spend their hard earned money. If they have the funds and want a rifle built by ( fill in the blank ) then go for it. My philosophy is educating the newcomer to custom rifle builds, component prices, where to shop for available components, and options that may be best suited for their dream rifle build.

FWIW, the CA Ridgeline is a great value priced semi-custom rifle at $1800-$2000. The same rifle can be built for $2500 yet with everything exactly how you want it (stock and metal finish/color).

Do you know someone in the Houston area capable of building a full custom for 2-2.5k?

Comment

Do you know someone in the Houston area capable of building a full custom for 2-2.5k?
                        my suggestion, don't limit yourself to geography since you will reduce the number of qualified GS's that can build you a badarse rifle. Call Robert at APR along with other GS's and decide who can build what you want, for the price you want. Ask questions since they may already have something on the shelf to complete your build

If you buy the components separately, you can mail them to your chosen GS regardless if he lives in Houston or Seattle, WA.

hope that helps

Comment

I looked at a couple before ordering my APR on the first buy. What was in stock at a friends shop just didn't trip my trigger. He shoots one and loves it

Comment

These days I can justify either a $500 mess-around gun, or a full custom APR. Everything in between feels like a waste of money. It isn't just right, and it's too expensive not to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post

These words are 110% true. You may have some negativity from guys that, in my humble opinion, threw an extra 1-3k at a gun and want to believe that it’ll shoot better than a cheaper build with the same components just because they wrote a bigger check.

Comment

Have 2 Christiansen’s. They shoot real good. I have 4 APR they shoot lights out.

Comment

Working...
                                X