2018 F150 3.3 vs ram 1500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 F150 3.3 vs ram 1500

I have a 2016 ram 1500 with 78000 miles and am starting to get the "Hemi Tick".

Was think of trading it in for an 2018 F150 with the 3.3 v6.

Give me your thoughts...

I think you mean 3.5 but I love my ecoboost.

Stupid power and great fuel mileage. I don’t have the 10speed so I can’t comment there.

Comment

No Sir, this is the base model with 6 speed tanny.

Ingot Silver 2018 Ford F-150 XLT 4WD 6-Speed Automatic 3.3L V6 Ti-VCT

Comment

I dont think you will like that truck with 4WD, especially if you decide to lift or use bigger tires.

Comment

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
          I dont think you will like that truck with 4WD, especially if you decide to lift or use bigger tires.
          please tell more.

Comment

that is the non-aspirated V6 (No Turbo) that is the budget engine version of the F150. It will do all of the normal truck things, but any kind of towing, or mods to lift, bigger tires it is going to be lacking in guts due to gearing and torque curve.

Comment

Whoops my bad! Didn’t realize they made a non turbo v6.

Sorry about that but I have no input on the one.

Comment

I do not do lots of towing, and 4x4 is used to not get stuck in mud and desert washouts.
                No plans on lifting.

Thoughts on Ford F-150 XLT 4WD 10-Speed 5.0L V8 Ti-VCT?

Comment

Love My 5.0 10 Speed. Great Runner. Gets about 20 mpg average (not towing). However, mine is not 4wd
                  Last edited by JayB; 04-29-2019, 04:30 PM.

Comment

whats this Hemi-tick you speak of? I'm looking for a new truck.. and really like those 2019 rams

Comment

I just got a 2019 f150 4x4 with the 2.7l ecoboost. I have only had it about a month so the opinion is limited.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by taylormade820 View Post
                        whats this Hemi-tick you speak of? I'm looking for a new truck.. and really like those 2019 rams
                        I like the new front end on the Ram.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Here is a link where they talk about every motor that come in a F-150 and the cost from base to platinum

Which Ford F-150 Engine To Get? The Ford F-150 is offered with a mind-numbing six distinct engine options. Which engine to get? What are the pros and cons of

I wouldn’t have any problem driving a base line truck, people now days have trucks that are more expensive than their homes , the trucks I grew up with always got the job done with no problem
                          I kinda have had a desire for a basic truck that doesn’t cost $70,000
                          Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 04-29-2019, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by taylormade820 View Post
                            Dodge has a camshaft problem where they get flat spots ? I maybe wrong

Comment

Broken manifold bolt on my hemi making the tick sound.

Comment

Working...
                              X