Best fish fry recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
    I tried doing the flour mixed with cornmeal before. I think the flour keeps the cornmeal from sticking to the fish. Went back to all cornmeal.
    I've never had an issue with the mix sticking to the fish.

Comment

1/2 cornmeal
      1/2 cornbread box mix
      Salt
      Pepper
      Tonys

Comment

Agree with doghouse, my husband and I would rather taste the fish than a preseasoned coating, so we use the stone ground cornmeal a little onion powder and pepper. Gonna fix some tonite, yum!

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
          I've never had an issue with the mix sticking to the fish.
          Yeah it sticks. But I feel like the flour binds to the fish first and that keeps some of the cornmeal from sticking. The end product isn't as cornmeal-y as it is with straight cornmeal.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Only fried fish I didn't like was either Burned/Muddy Tasting/Freezer Burned/Mooshy and Greasy...

Comment

tagged

Comment

For the guys that use mustard do y’all do anything special or different to get it not come apart or come off when the fish is frying? I fried some in a little electric fry daddy today and it came apart and was all mushy. Granted it could be my fryer but figured I’d ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                    For the guys that use mustard do y’all do anything special or different to get it not come apart or come off when the fish is frying? I fried some in a little electric fry daddy today and it came apart and was all mushy. Granted it could be my fryer but figured I’d ask.
                    Thin it down with a very little bit of water where not much mustard sticks to the fish. It is a very thin coating of mustard.

Comment

Y'all are way overthinking this fish fry recipe stuff.

Comment

Don't like mustard, try Mayo as a bidder. Works wonders

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                          Thin it down with a very little bit of water where not much mustard sticks to the fish. It is a very thin coating of mustard.
                          Thanks. I figured as much but opted to go straight mustard anyway. I’ll thin it down next time.

Comment

Originally posted by wsteffen View Post
                            Don't like mustard, try Mayo as a bidder. Works wonders
                            I tried mayo in a pinch on chicken fried steak when we didn’t have eggs and the old lady prefers it this way now. Good stuff, just that much messier.

Comment

Originally posted by TTU TX Hunter View Post
                              I tried mayo in a pinch on chicken fried steak when we didn’t have eggs and the old lady prefers it this way now. Good stuff, just that much messier.
                              I always forget how good mayo fried stuff is thanks for the reminder

Comment

Dip fillet in a little water, batter up in blue bag Louisiana and let it hit the grease.

Comment

Working...
                                X