Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
    Yes.

I will support any reasonable measure that advances education. A well educated society is a powerful thing.
    Every school teacher I know is a liberal.. I don't like my kids being lied to. As soon as your taxes go up for "education " it will be reallocated to fund something else..

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
      No I pay a ton in property taxes now.. how about some budget cuts. Stop having 7 people lean on a shovel while one digs. Or get rid of the cop hired to only write tickets.. there are many instances of bloated county government that can be cut to pay more.. hell I bring 10 times more supplies than my kid can use per the list and they ask for more half way through the year. How about a tuition based program as long as your kid is in school and then you are done.. I'd be on board with that and no freebies you have kids pay for them .
      Every school teacher I know is a liberal.. I don't like my kids being lied to. As soon as your taxes go up for "education " it will be reallocated to fund something else..
      Tried to post Hi Five gif.

You are right on.

Comment

God help Texas if just 1/8 of the teachers in Texas decide to quit because of salary or working conditions. How are you going to take care of your children during the day? Can you or your spouse afford to quit your job to stay home? How are you going to educate them to the degree they get in the classroom from a certified teacher?

College students are not just lining up to enter the profession. They have no incentives to become teachers. Terrible pay, dangerous working conditions (wife's school), etc...
        Some need to wake up to where this could be headed.

Comment

Originally posted by HC Sniper View Post
          God help Texas if just 1/8 of the teachers in Texas decide to quit because of salary or working conditions. How are you going to take care of your children during the day? Can you or your spouse afford to quit your job to stay home? How are you going to educate them to the degree they get in the classroom from a certified teacher?

College students are not just lining up to enter the profession. They have no incentives to become teachers. Terrible pay, dangerous working conditions (wife's school), etc...
          Some need to wake up to where this could be headed.
          They are doing such a good job!

Everybody in this thread that wants a teacher pay raise falls into two categories.

1. They are a teacher.
          2. They are married to a teacher.

Comment

You must be OUT OF YOUR MIND!!!!!! if you think every school teacher is a liberal. I have taught for 33 years and I can promise you that I am more conservative to you will ever dream of being.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
              They are doing such a good job!

Everybody in this thread that wants a teacher pay raise falls into two categories.

1. They are a teacher.
              2. They are married to a teacher.
              As far as the quality of kids today is concerned. Parents are FAR more to blame than teachers.

Comment

You must be OUT OF YOUR MIND!!!!!! if you think every school teacher is a liberal. I have taught for 33 years and I can promise you that I am more conservative to you will ever dream of being.
                I had to convert the wife, but it wasn't all that difficult.

Comment

He didn't say EVERY school teacher is a liberal. Just the ones he knows. It is undoubtedly a liberal profession and its organized representation to government is even more so.

Category 1&2. Nice.

Comment

BuckSmasher :
                    Open invitation for you to come teach my class for a week. Any time you want.

Second thought. Pull your children out of school and teach them yourself at home. We will see if they are ready for college or the real world at age 18.

I am done! Just getting madder by the minute with people who have no clue what they are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
                      Just re-read your OP. I agree 100%. I want to add one thought. This country is, for the time being, not a centrally planned economy (some out there want to change that). I have a BS in biology and I own investment real estate. My wife went to UH on swim scholarship and has a degree in nutrition. She is the general business manager for a veterinary radiology company.

Plans change. Careers change. Quit whining already.

I'm NOT in favor of pay raises for teachers.

i agree whole heartedly with the “ if you don’t like your job, get out of the profession” mentality.. absolutely

Question for you- what Does you or your spouse not being able to find a job in your college major/not choosing to find a job in your college major have anything to do with whether teachers deserve just compensation for the work they do? Or maybe I’m confused.... i didn’t read much before or after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

NO.

Comment

you must not know many educators. Of the ones I've been around in 25 years of teaching the majority have been far from liberals. Excluding the theater teachers, band directors , art teachers etc.

Comment

BuckSmasher :

Second thought. Pull your children out of school and teach them yourself at home. We will see if they are ready for college or the real world at age 18.

I am done! Just getting madder by the minute with people who have no clue what they are talking about.
                            Don't have any.

I'm not anti-teacher. My life was changed for the better by some of them. As individuals some of them are the salt of the earth. Maybe you and your wife are some of them.

As a whole the education system in this country (and the country itself) is in shambles. Kids are graduating barely able to read. I don't know what all the answers are but it isn't a pay bump for teachers. My teachers were all fine with what they made. Would they have liked to had more money? Sure but it was part and parcel with what they chose to do. A lot of them had husbands that made them wealthy and they didn't really need the money.

Teachers make darn good money for the schedule they work. Period. If you dream of expensive european vacations,central asian sheep hunts and getting tanned on your yacht, teaching is a poor career choice.

Comment

I am a teacher and a coach. The only reason i feel like teachers deserve a raise is that in a ton of places now, teachers are having to “parent” kids before teaching curriculum in order for a classroom to function(do not confuse this with classroom management). Having to “raise people’s children” before they can ever even get to building relationships/teaching content is a issue. Yes, there has always been misbehavior. This is not what i am talking about just to clarify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

BuckSmasher :

Don't get mad. That's what they want you to do. Just like a kid trying to **** you off so you'll argue with them. Makes them madder when you don't

Comment

Working...
                                X