No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had shot mine from an elevated position a ways away and the bullet went straight thru her heart... but it messed up some of the back strap near entry part, but did not affect either shoulder. I found the round, it was stuck in the opposite side of her hide behind her shoulder. She dropped right there but was kicking around and trying to get up. As I approached I was afraid she was gonna jump up and run, so I shot her in the head like twice. But she still didn't die. I had to shoot her again when directly over her. I wanted to end her suffering as soon as I could. She was remarkably tough and even the heart shot she was still moving around for like 15 mins. I would load a photo of her on the game cart, but I can't figure out how to post pics.

Comment

Originally posted by DPerez905 View Post
      I shot her off west lake road down at the south end of 2. I know those animals are a lot tougher than most people know and that goes to prove iit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I double lunged the big bull in my avatar photo, and he ran a country mile spilling zero blood.

They’re impressive. Glad this made full circle! Save me a steak!
      Ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by mgperez View Post
        I double lunged the big bull in my avatar photo, and he ran a country mile spilling zero blood.

They’re impressive. Glad this made full circle! Save me a steak!

Ha ha

Just let me know if you make it down to the Driscoll area I’ll send you with a whole backstrap.

Comment

Originally posted by DPerez905 View Post
          Just let me know if you make it down to the Driscoll area I’ll send you with a whole backstrap.

Oh cool, I have a place in Riviera.

Shoot me a text some time and we’ll burn some meat.

Matt

Comment

Orientation- how are we notified of this? My hunt is Feb. 1-3

Comment

In your email where you got the permit there is another attachment. It will list orientation time. Usually the day before the hunt at 9am at Laguna Atacosa Hunter Check Station.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Scofield; 01-26-2019, 01:18 PM.

Comment

My orientation was in town...not at the check station. if in doubt...call the manager and ask for clarification.

Comment

It was at the hunter check station for the rifle hunt and the community center in Los Fresno's for the archery hunt

Comment

That makes sense...Many more folks at the archery hunt.

Comment

I am here and so far I didn't see anyone in the area I am set up in yesterday or this morning. Definitely alot different than the archery hunt in December. We have heavy fog this morning with very limited visibility, hope that dissipates soon. No matter what, it is still better than being at work!

Comment

Good luck to ya!

Comment

Stay after them, good luck!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck to you

Comment

Well the good news is that I saw some Nilgai this evening, one looked like a young bull and the other was a big blue bull! The bad news is that it was long shot and I completely missed it. The adrenaline got the best of me this time, I should have waited to see if they came in closer. I sure hope I get another chance as one this weekend. Feeling pretty disappointed in myself right now.

Comment

I saw a nice cow late morning but walking away from me at about a quarter mile. Could not catch it. Also about 7 nice size alligators sunning themselves along pond on east side of access road.

Comment

Working...
                                X