Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always hunt the wind.

Comment

I maintain the same level of preparation, but the key for me is stand selection. I have 6 stands on my property - 3 for East winds and 3 for West winds. 5 out of the 6 have very "clean" entrance and exit routes, so I save the 6th one for just the right conditions. Always play the wind.

Comment

I quit using scent control sprays years ago and don't wash my clothes with scent free detergent. Most times I just hunt in jeans and a solid dark colored shirt. My main stand is also way up in a tree so I can get away with more than others. All the other guys at our place spray down before heading out and they don't see any more deer than me.

Comment

Smoke your clothes and yourself hunt the wind and you'll be okay.
          If you don't think smoke works as a cover scent and a natural bacteria killer try this.
          You know that favorite cap you wear all the time , the one you do yerd work in , the one you wear clearing shooting lanes? Hold it over a camp fire in the smoke a few minutes set it aside 15 /20 mins and see if you can still smell the sweat and dirt.
          I have hunted so questionable winds and have yet to get blown at.
          Smoke works and its pretty much free.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Depends on what’s happening but ya I get a little lazy and rely mostly on wind.

Comment

I'm pretty lax. I learned in Africa that the only thing you can really do is hunt the wind. I have an ozonics and occasionally use cover scents when I know the wind isn't great but I also know nothing is really going to work except hunting the wind correctly. No matter what I do I will have scent. Just have to keep it going in the other direction.

oh and for Smart, I use Scent Thief

Comment

Working...
              X