No announcement yet.

Snow Goose meat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to say, this has been a very entertaining thread. I would have said the same about ducks and geese until I ate some recently. Brought a couple ducks home, soaked them in saltwater for a couple days. Little seasoning and cooked to medium rare and they were absolutely amazing. My kids were fighting over the last pieces vs. the backstrap that was on the table.

Y’all keep it coming, this is good humor.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
      I want to reiterate, if you have to wrap it in bacon to be able to eat it, then it isn’t palatable. Y’all crack me up talking about how good goose is and then go on to talk about what all you go thru to hide the taste.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Soak in jalapeño juice, cover in jalapeño, then soak more in Italian dressing, then wrap in bacon, soak in bacon fat then grill. Better than steak.

Comment

Soak in Dr Pepper overnight, cut across grain and chicken fry.

Comment

Buddy of mine takes his to a processor and has jalapeño/cheese sausage made. It’s really good.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
            Never cooked a steak that way.

Never said you should nor compared this to a fine steak....

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3450.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	24604830

How I did my last snow

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                Never said you should nor compared this to a fine steak....
                Exactly! Chicken/turkey/dove/pheasant does not taste like a ribeye either. The point is that geese and duck can be tasty. Just don't try to cook it like steak.

Comment

Why chance it, give it to the Homeless Veterans service! I will even lick it up and deliver

Comment

It’s edible. If you brine it for days, soak in Italian dressing, bacon, cream cheese, jalapeño whatever you have to do to get rid of the iron, livery taste. I’ve eaten goose since I was a baby. Lol. It ain’t that good. Take a goose breast, no marinade, no soak in milk, no Italian dressing, nothing but salt. Grill it and get back with me. Tough and taste like a bucket of rusty nails mixed with liver. It’s not comparable to a steak, any steak. The worst steak I’ve ever had is better than the best goose I’ve ever had, and to say otherwise is false.

Comment

Juuuuuust in case someone wants to say I don’t know what I am talking about. LoL.

Did you get the death penalty for killing all those Canadians 🍁? Lol

Comment

I've eaten plenty of ducks but snow goose is terrible. I did the Stuttgart conservation hunt last year and we did well. I brought home a bunch of geese and decided to make boudin out of them. I couldn't give the stuff away...

Comment

Goose is great...if its cooked and tuff put in pressure cooker with enough water of course...and in 30 m its fall apart tender and juicy..Crock pot works too just slow

Comment

I either sear it or put it on the pellet smoker.

Comment

Originally posted by Thatstheguy View Post
                              [ATTACH]987864[/ATTACH]

How I did my last snow

That's what I'm talking about. I think so people just suck at cooking and blame the game meat for sucking when it's them. And I'm not talking about cooking to the point you can't even tell what kind of game meat you're eating. Goose seared or smoked like I mentioned above is AMAZING.

Good looking meal you made.

Comment

Filet of what?! Aoudad?!
                                Beef fillet... I have some left, I'll bet you a steak dinner the way I make it you will compare it to beef fillet. Tender with less flavor Than a ribeye but very good.

No wrapping in bacon, no beating it out flat. Only basic spices on it just like a good steak.

Like the guy who said his girl cooked it I was SUUUPER careful in how I handled it and what I did to prep

Comment

Working...
                                X