European Mount Beetles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
    You could do all of that...Or just take it to a taxidermist.
    So that way taxidermist can then give it to me to clean with my beetles, or at least that is where most of my business comes from.

Comment

Careful Chad. Some of your taxidermist customers may not like the idea of you doing wholesale work for them and taking in retail work also. Like me (and just about every other taxidermist I know) for example, I will not use a wholesaler who also takes in retail. Just something to think about.

Comment

There is always one in the crowd

Comment

Well thanks guys for all the info. I think I am gonna try the boiling route. I am Cajun so maybe I can find someone to make some Deer Head Cheese...LOL. May be good extra money for someone with many taxidermist in the area.

Comment

Careful Chad. Some of your taxidermist customers may not like the idea of you doing wholesale work for them and taking in retail work also. Like me (and just about every other taxidermist I know) for example, I will not use a wholesaler who also takes in retail. Just something to think about.
            This is no slam Chance, but why should a taxidermist care what other business a wholesale supplier is doing?

Comment

Walker,
              No problem, man. It's pretty simple. When a wholesaler starts taking in retail, he becomes competition. Some businesses don't like to support their competition. I don't have anything against Chad, I think he does good work. I was just trying to warn him that some of his bigger customers may not like it.

BigPigSticker,
              ???

Comment

Walker,
                No problem, man. It's pretty simple. When a wholesaler starts taking in retail, he becomes competition. Some businesses don't like to support their competition. I don't have anything against Chad, I think he does good work. I was just trying to warn him that some of his bigger customers may not like it.

BigPigSticker,
                ???
                I understand what you mean and should have thought before I posted that.

You must be one of the few taxidermists that actually like doing european mounts. Most seem to prefer to just doing shoulder mounts.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                  I've done several deer and one javi skull. The pigs are tough(bleaching) though. .
                  How do you bleach the hog heads.Deer im fine doing but hogs give me hell trying to get them white.Any suggestions?

Comment

Aerosol Kilz works good on hog skulls.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                      Aerosol Kilz works good on hog skulls.
                      That's what separates the men from the boys!

Bigpigsticker, I'm curious about your comment too.

Comment

Working...
                      X