Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020-2021 Panhandle Hunting Thread (8th Annual!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toolman View Post
    Alan Henry buck yesterday morning.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Congrats!

Did you get a photo of the metatarsal gland? That's the only proven physical characteristic of a hybrid. Not the tarsal gland, the stinky one on inside of back knees, but the metatarsal located on outside of back leg between knee and hoof. In Whitetails it's just a thin slit about an inch to inch and a half long. In mule deer it's much longer and less evident because it's covered with long, shaggy hair. In a hybrid, it will be moderate length with moderate hair cover.

Antler configuration is never a good indicator of hybridization.

Nice buck, congrats again!

Comment

Housecleaning, this buck should be in the panhandle thread.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020rs.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	24634019

Weight and score are in here:

Taking my boy up next weekend, hopefully he gets his chance.

Congrats to all who scored and good luck to everybody taking their kids next weekend, it's about to get good!

Comment

Way to go Clark. I missed the original thread and just got through it. That’s a heck of a deer. Weather is supposed to change at the end of this weekend, hoping the bigguns will be up before the front comes thru.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I may be living this hunting season thru all of you in the Panhandle. Shoulder surgery on Nov 3 will have me out for a while if not all season!

Comment

Another bruiser for Clark! Great buck, sir! Congrats!

Mud, sorry to hear of your troubles, sir, and I pray you heal quickly! My elbow is healing pretty well, but still no vertical bow for me this year. I CAN get the crossbow back, though!

Comment

headed back up tomorrow morning, cameras show moving has increased this week compared to last couple

Comment

Is there anywhere in Childress where you can grab some archery supplies? Broadheads, scent free soap, maybe an arrow or 2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Walmart and Possibly S&S gun shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Toolman View Post
                    Walmart and Possibly S&S gun shop.
                    x2

Best to arrive well-stocked.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                      I may be living this hunting season thru all of you in the Panhandle. Shoulder surgery on Nov 3 will have me out for a while if not all season!

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=785821

I have a ten point crossbow with crank draw system you can use if needed. It got me through my shoulder issues.

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
                        I have a ten point crossbow with crank draw system you can use if needed. It got me through my shoulder issues.
                        Thanks for the offer Keith. I may take you up on it. Just need to get thru the surgery on the 3rd and go from there!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                          Thanks for the offer Keith. I may take you up on it. Just need to get thru the surgery on the 3rd and go from there!
                          You will hear this over and over. Listen to your therapist and do your exercises. I still hate mine, but my shoulder has never been stronger.

Comment

Been after this guy since opening weekend. Low fence, got him
                            Last night with the cooler weather. Had him at 20
                            Yards twice this month but too dark. Scored him at 170 3/8’s and he knocked off a 10” tine on his right side as well as 2 other smaller tines. I’d say 13-15” total he lost. Double lung, he went 30 yards
                            Attached Files

Comment

That's a good one. Congratulations!

Comment

Awesome deer, congrats!

Comment

Working...
                                X