Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020-2021 Panhandle Hunting Thread (8th Annual!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are going to need more of a story on the pig. Crazy it got you that good even with a snake boot. Guess there not made for pigs.

Comment

I get to...

Comment

Well that figures... I have been posting on the Middle of North Texas thread thinking it was the one I had seen last year bout the panhandle. Don’t know which one I’m “supposed” to be on! Cuz I’m from the NW corner of the panhandle, and I ain’t sure Childress would be considered “in the panhandle” by some folks. Oh well. First year on a lease in Childress county that I was actually on back in 2002, and we were able to get back on it this year in January. I actually killed my biggest buck to date here back in 2002. I was the only “all season” bowhunter of the bunch. Heck, I think bowhunter period. I remember all the other guys saying “you ain’t gonna be able to bowhunt this area”, and I still was able to get it done. Lot of luck involved I’m sure! Anyway... Got our loc ons and a quad pod put out the weekend after July 4th, worked out in it all day at 112 deg, it was a little warm! Also worked on, and got our old yellah dog bus ready to camp in, with a big AC unit, walls, floor, redneck shower, power ran, and a few other items. Been getting lots of good whitetail buck pics, and just this last week got our first few mule deer bucks. We ran cameras before they dropped their horns, and had several very good mulie bucks, they ain’t showed as of yet. Grass was pretty crunchy last weekend. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by spidermonkey View Post
          Well that figures... I have been posting on the Middle of North Texas thread thinking it was the one I had seen last year bout the panhandle. Don’t know which one I’m “supposed” to be on! Cuz I’m from the NW corner of the panhandle, and I ain’t sure Childress would be considered “in the panhandle” by some folks. Oh well. First year on a lease in Childress county that I was actually on back in 2002, and we were able to get back on it this year in January. I actually killed my biggest buck to date here back in 2002. I was the only “all season” bowhunter of the bunch. Heck, I think bowhunter period. I remember all the other guys saying “you ain’t gonna be able to bowhunt this area”, and I still was able to get it done. Lot of luck involved I’m sure! Anyway... Got our loc ons and a quad pod put out the weekend after July 4th, worked out in it all day at 112 deg, it was a little warm! Also worked on, and got our old yellah dog bus ready to camp in, with a big AC unit, walls, floor, redneck shower, power ran, and a few other items. Been getting lots of good whitetail buck pics, and just this last week got our first few mule deer bucks. We ran cameras before they dropped their horns, and had several very good mulie bucks, they ain’t showed as of yet. Grass was pretty crunchy last weekend. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
          i would definitely call Childress part of the panhandle.

Comment

first season for us in motley county headed up tomorrow for work weekend

Comment

Any guesses on age? I was in the 4.5 thought but not sure he could be 3.5

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks 4 to me. A pic or two he looks plus or minus a year but I would say 4.

Comment

I am in

Comment

After retiring and moving to Central TX since the Covid 19 shut school down, I have not been to the lease for a while. I know we have had some rains, but according to a friend that lived next to me and is on the lease, it is DRY! Going to go the 11th of Sept to get feeders going and cleaning camo. Some may think that is late, but after a week deer will be hitting those feeders heavily as will the pigs, MAYBE. Hunted a lot last year, never saw a mature shooter buck or cull and DID NOT SEE A SINGLE PIG AT A FEEDER WHILE HUNTING!!!! Had them on camera, but not while at a feeder.

Maybe things will be different this year. this heat we are having is not making me excited about the season along with tendonitis in a shoulder could put a halt to my bowhunting this year!

Comment

Tuned in. Hunt free range in Wheeler County. Had a great season last year as me and my good buddy (land owner) killed two 155+ bucks within 10 min of each other, both with our sons in the blind for their first harvest.

Good luck all.

Comment

It was dry in July when I was at the lease working in Collingsworth Co. I have seen they have gotten some rain in the last month hopefully back up next month to check the cams

Comment

Absolutely yuuuge! Hopefully he sticks around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
                          Man that guy still has plenty of time to grow and is a absolute stud.

Comment

Anyone want to take a guess at this one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

4.5 155 without seeing any other pics

Comment

went out and set up some feeders and pins on our new place in motley county, area is dry needs rain bad. did shoot couple hogs and saw couple nice mulie bucks in a group excited for the upcoming season

Comment

Working...
                                X