Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020-2021 Panhandle Hunting Thread (8th Annual!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020-2021 Panhandle Hunting Thread (8th Annual!)

OK folks, I cannot stand it any longer. It's time to crack open the 2020-2021 Panhandle Hunting Thread as we lift up a quick prayer that it will be a great year. Amen! We've had some great threads in past years, and I'm certain this one will be no exception. It's hard to imagine we've been going at this for eight years now!

This may be my last deer season for a while as we're heading back overseas for a couple of years, so we are pulling out all the stops to get as much time on stand this season as absolutely possible. With a torn tendon in my right elbow, I'll be behind the crossbow this year- but it's all the same to me. This thread welcomes all manner of legal means and methods. Just be safe!

Please post all your panhandle hunting observations, successes, pics, whatever... The season is just around the corner and preparations are well under way.

Best of luck to all the Panhandle Boys and Girls! Here's to a safe and successful year! Godspeed and safety to all!

P.S. Don't forget that some counties have still have ARs for mule deer bucks this season- which by all accounts are really helping to improve the mule deer buck population. I saw two giants last December, the sizes of which I haven't seen in the Panhandle since I began hunting there in 2009.

[Cue: the requisite disclaimer... it's SOP]

NOTE: Occasionally, some folks have wandered into the previous years' threads in hopes of exerting influence on how panhandle deer hunters should manage their herds, and belittling those who disagreed with their opinions, i.e., shooting does, or not. Those posts were reported and removed.

While that argument may have merits in another management thread, it has no place in this thread. Like past years, any hostile posts (management or otherwise) will be reported and removed as the mods see fit.

Let's just keep this thread about soaking up the great outdoors, enjoying time with family and friends, and counting our everlasting blessings. Of course, LDPs are always welcome, if not mandatory.

Subscribed! Can’t wait for season to get here. My biggest goal this year is to get my son his first.

Comment

I am ready!!!

Comment

Several inches of rain over the last month should help tremendously. It was starting to look pretty bad. They are hammering the protein and all of those youngsters we have been watching for the last few years are loooking good.
        I was spraying mesquite a week or two ago and the amount of quail I saw was amazing.
        I suspect those MD ARs should start showing there benefit this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech1233 View Post
          Subscribed! Can’t wait for season to get here. My biggest goal this year is to get my son his first.
          Best of luck, sir!

Mine got his first last year and it made my entire season.

Comment

Originally posted by kry226 View Post
            Best of luck, sir!

Mine got his first last year and it made my entire season.
            That’s awesome! I remember seeing it. We were chasing a giant 6 last season. We never connected, so hoping we can get after him this year. Good luck to you and your family!

Comment

Checkin in from Garza county. Enough of summer, ready for October.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey guys, been trying to find a spot or two up there for past couple of months, to no avail. If anyone has an opening I would sure appreciate an opportunity to be considered. I am an old guy that primarily is a bowhunter. Left my last lease in the panhandle by Turkey 2 years ago because I was the only bowhunter and the other guys would quail hunt by my stands way too often when I was gone. Just generally poor hunting manners all around on their part for me, so I bailed. Thanks for any help.

Comment

Dry excited about our herd in Garza county this year. Spring rains and grass have some healthy looking animals and size able horns. Pigs are everywhere. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve.

Comment

Bump for the weekday crowd.

Comment

Its getting closer. 100*+ temps make it hard to get out there, but it's time to declare war on pigs. I got a love bite from one last weekend, he drew first blood but I drew last.

pray for rain

Comment

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
                        Its getting closer. 100*+ temps make it hard to get out there, but it's time to declare war on pigs. I got a love bite from one last weekend, he drew first blood but I drew last.

pray for rain
                        **** bud, went revenant on a big boar huh. Bad ***.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Absolutely yuuuge! Hopefully he sticks around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

pray for rain

He got you good. Stitches?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

pray for rain
                              Dang, sir.

Heal well and be safe!

Comment

Working...
                              X