No announcement yet.

Strange Finds in the Woods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found a headstone marking the spot that someone's horse had died. Still had several bones laying on the ground. The headstone was engraved with "Cowboy, Faithful Horse".

Comment

Originally posted by charrell71 View Post
      It is on Farrell Road all the way at the end. It was Mr. Farrell place before he passed away, I heard it is a deer lease now, but not sure. Haven't been back there for years. Where you at in Willis, I live in the Royal Forest subdivision.
      FM 2432, East side of Texas National. Did you get to see that heavy 8pt that was hanging around Rose Rd last year.

Comment

I did allot of quail hunting as a kid on BLM that surrounded the White Sands Missile Range in NM. We were always finding pieces of ordinance. The coolest was finding a used collapsible bazooka that they forgot to crush. That was a favorite toy for quite a while. We would find tons of rusted out smoke grenades also. There was also a spot we would walk up on a hillside where you could see a full size battleship on hydraulics sitting out in the middle of nowhere.

Comment

In Denard Arkansas my parents owned some property. We used it for holidays and deer season. One day I was exploring and walked up on a 30 model car that was full of bullet holes like the one from Bonney & Clyde.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomkat07 View Post
            In Denard Arkansas my parents owned some property. We used it for holidays and deer season. One day I was exploring and walked up on a 30 model car that was full of bullet holes like the one from Bonney & Clyde.
            I can show you a few of those old cars in the SHNF that have been there sometime. The tree's are huge that have grown up around them with no way of getting them out.

Comment

Found 2-55gal. drums of home brew in the woods just before Juneteenth, go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by lameduck View Post
                Found 2-55gal. drums of home brew in the woods just before Juneteenth, go figure.
                Score!!

Comment

We have a old Indian campfire circle we found while making a food plot. This was in Comanche. In Falfurrias we found illegals! That's about it

Comment

found a very very old gravestone it looked to be a childs on lbj grasslands

Comment

found eldorado last week

Comment

cool stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Carbon Poison View Post
                          FM 2432, East side of Texas National. Did you get to see that heavy 8pt that was hanging around Rose Rd last year.
                          Don't know if it was the same one, but we were seeing a monster 8-point in the field across from Bridgewood Farms last year. That thing was a hoss!

Comment

We have an "outlaw cave" on our place! Pretty cool to know that outlaws have hidden in it from rangers and what not... It is starting to collapse though

Comment

Originally posted by TMC50 View Post
                              We have an "outlaw cave" on our place! Pretty cool to know that outlaws have hidden in it from rangers and what not... It is starting to collapse though
                              How do you know that's what it was ?

Comment

Originally posted by BigFoot View Post
                                How do you know that's what it was ?
                                Good question right there.... The people we bought this land from have owned it for sometime.... They had pictures of the inside when you could see the markings...

And to be honest, it is built up.... Not just a cave.... They stacked rocks right under the over hang and dug into the ground.... I'll take some pictures of it and post on here

Comment

Working...
                                X