There is still hope!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    It's not just them that get a bad rap. I fall into a negative slant sometimes too, so I'm not excluding myself. But people in general are focusing way too much on the bad lately.

There are people from every walk of life in my office most days, from brick crew laborers, to people purchasing multi-million dollar homes. I work with both on jobsites as well. There are jackasses, naturally...but by and large I feel that people are still good. 95% Of the folks we see are respectful and mostly courteous...even if some of the Indian and Asian folks have a different version of "coureous".

I'm on the road around town a lot during the week too, in and out of convenience stores, restaurants, and other establishments myself. I hold doors open for everyone, and help people (usually at Home Depot, and the grocery store) reach things, or lift things that they may need help with, and find that most do for me. I always say thank you sir/ma'am, and 95% get the same in return.

I was (lost) southeast of downtown Dallas the other day in what some would call a rough neighborhood, and trying to get into a gas station parking lot to look at the map on my phone. The car in front of me quit for whatever reason, and these two black guys get out and kind of stare at itd. I turned on my flashers and got out and they kind of looked at me weird for a second, I said "throw'er in neutral and steer man" and nodded at the parking lot. He jumped in and me and his passenger managed to push it in. These guys and I are obviously from completely different walks of life, and no one had to tell any of us that. They thanked me about 4 times and went inside. I got back in my truck and pulled in to do my thing, and ol boy walked out and tapped on my window with a bottle of water. He didn't have to do that, but he did. I have been broke down before and had guys just like those two help me, when they didn't have to.

My grandpa, my parents, and my uncle, taught me when someone needs help, try your best to help them. I remember spending a couple hours towing a broken boat in one day when dad and I had planned on fishing all day. He looked over at me (obviously dejected) and said, "one day we may need a tow in..." It's really not that hard to be nice, and help a man who needs help. If they aren't appreciative...that's on them, but do it anyway because that's the thing to do.
    Spot on Dale

If majority of society spent as much time actually doing what they spend most of the time bitching about the world would be much better off.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      It's not just them that get a bad rap. I fall into a negative slant sometimes too, so I'm not excluding myself. But people in general are focusing way too much on the bad lately.

There are people from every walk of life in my office most days, from brick crew laborers, to people purchasing multi-million dollar homes. I work with both on jobsites as well. There are jackasses, naturally...but by and large I feel that people are still good. 95% Of the folks we see are respectful and mostly courteous...even if some of the Indian and Asian folks have a different version of "coureous".

I'm on the road around town a lot during the week too, in and out of convenience stores, restaurants, and other establishments myself. I hold doors open for everyone, and help people (usually at Home Depot, and the grocery store) reach things, or lift things that they may need help with, and find that most do for me. I always say thank you sir/ma'am, and 95% get the same in return.

I was (lost) southeast of downtown Dallas the other day in what some would call a rough neighborhood, and trying to get into a gas station parking lot to look at the map on my phone. The car in front of me quit for whatever reason, and these two black guys get out and kind of stare at itd. I turned on my flashers and got out and they kind of looked at me weird for a second, I said "throw'er in neutral and steer man" and nodded at the parking lot. He jumped in and me and his passenger managed to push it in. These guys and I are obviously from completely different walks of life, and no one had to tell any of us that. They thanked me about 4 times and went inside. I got back in my truck and pulled in to do my thing, and ol boy walked out and tapped on my window with a bottle of water. He didn't have to do that, but he did. I have been broke down before and had guys just like those two help me, when they didn't have to.

My grandpa, my parents, and my uncle, taught me when someone needs help, try your best to help them. I remember spending a couple hours towing a broken boat in one day when dad and I had planned on fishing all day. He looked over at me (obviously dejected) and said, "one day we may need a tow in..." It's really not that hard to be nice, and help a man who needs help. If they aren't appreciative...that's on them, but do it anyway because that's the thing to do.
      Very good write up and spot on.

Comment

Working...
      X