Metal building cost?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metal building cost?????

Looking at building a 30×60 shop with concrete, just wondering if anybody has built similar building, and wouldn't mind sharing what it cost them. Wanting 1 roll up door 2 standard doors shell with concrete.i know theres factors that change price just looking for ball park estimate thanks

My 30x40x14 with 12' lean too on the 40' side with 2- 12x12 and 1 - 10x10 roll up and 1- walk thru including concrete for the enclosed 30x40, insulated roof, and installed was around $24k if memory serves me correctly. This was about 2 years ago.

Comment

Get references.....(look at their buildings if possible)
      Get several different bids.....(don`t always think cheap is best)
      Make sure you are comparing apples to apples.....(lots of ways to cheapen up the building)
      Compare building specs for all bids.....(including concrete)

I built mine 2 years ago and thing have gone up in price. Good luck.

Comment

A good estimate is about $18 to $22 a square foot with 18 being on cheaper side and 22 being on pricey side. Anywhere in between should be a good price as long as they do quality work.

Comment

If you have the time and energy to be the GC you can save some money. I saved about 10k on my 40 x 80 by contracting for the site work, slab, building kit, and erection as opposed to going with a turn key contractor.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
            If you have the time and energy to be the GC you can save some money. I saved about 10k on my 40 x 80 by contracting for the site work, slab, building kit, and erection as opposed to going with a turn key contractor.
            I agree with this 1000%. I saved about $10k on mine by hiring each trade separate and ordering the building material myself.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
              My 30x40x14 with 12' lean too on the 40' side with 2- 12x12 and 1 - 10x10 roll up and 1- walk thru including concrete for the enclosed 30x40, insulated roof, and installed was around $24k if memory serves me correctly. This was about 2 years ago.
              That is a dang good deal...was this metal or pole barn wood framed?

Comment

30x60x12. The enclosed building is 30x48 with a 12x30 canapy added. 3" vinyl back insulation walls and roof. 16' roll up door, 2 walk in doors. Windstorm rated and insurable through TWIA. Red Iron building. Concrete was $9200. The building all together Including doors, insullation, taxes etc. Etc. Was $16,700 through Mueller last year delivered. Had people erect it in 4 days for $6300.
                Last edited by RAMBO814; 03-15-2019, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                  That is a dang good deal...was this metal or pole barn wood framed?
                  Metal. The material with doors was $12k the concrete was $7,200. And I had a sheriff deputy that does welding projects on his off days put it up for $5k. I did the electrical myself.

Comment

I would ballpark that around 40k-45k

Not all are equal thought. You can make steel choices to make it significantly cheaper but I wouldn’t
                    Last edited by bphillips; 03-15-2019, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Metal building cost?????

I did a 30x50x16 on slab with 16x50 lean to with road base, (2) 12x14 insulated garage doors, gutters & down spouts and spray foam insulation for around $42k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                        1000%. Use your connects. Everybody knows somebody that knows somebody that can make a phone call and get at least a little change knocked off. Also, negotiate. Talk to managers/owners of the separate companies and offer a price... you never know. I needed my metal roof installed a couple years ago.. put a post on fb and one of my friends husbands does that for a living and I had no clue. They usually charge 500 for install.. I offered 200 bucks and a 30 pack of whatever beer they liked.. costed me all of 230 bucks and that roof was on in 1 afternoon and done well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Any recommendations on where to order the kit?

Comment

Hmmm

I had a bid for a 30x40x14 with 3 roll ups and one walk through, concrete and rough in a bathroom for 24k.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

As bphillips said, not all are equal. Many corners can be cut to throw up a cheap building.

Some common things to look for are:

-Roof Pitch: Most common is 2:12. Only slightly more expensive to go 3:12, but looks better in my opinion.

-What about gutters and trim?

-Girt spacing? Seems like some of the fly by night guys skimp on the girt placement.

-Slab: How many beams? Vapor block to prevent condensation? Wire mesh or rebar? How will it be finished (rough brush finish or smooth trowel finish)? How thick? I would want all the above with a minimum of 5'' thick. 4 is fine for a lawnmower and side by side but 5 will give you the piece of mind with heavier equipment.

-Is it worth it to have non-local contractors scrambling to organize their job from a distance just to save a grand or two? Id rather pay an extra grand or so to have a local guy knock it out in a day or two rather than a contractor commuting back and forth for several days/weeks.

Comment

Working...
                              X