No announcement yet.

Man purse, shoulder bag or satchel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All you manly young guys might want to study your history. MEN have been using a similar type of bag for centuries. Possibles bags or other names. Soldiers used them at least up until WWII.
    I use a back quiver or a plains quiver slung low across the back so no back pack for me. Mine carries compass, fire starting stuff, space blanket, small game lanyards, etc. And yes, a pistol too. It is all right by your side and easy to get to (not like a backpack). The OP was right in holding his tongue. Puffy eyes are hard to see through.

Comment

This is still the best though!

Comment

Originally posted by El Paisano View Post
        All you manly young guys might want to study your history. MEN have been using a similar type of bag for centuries. Possibles bags or other names. Soldiers used them at least up until WWII.
        I use a back quiver or a plains quiver slung low across the back so no back pack for me. Mine carries compass, fire starting stuff, space blanket, small game lanyards, etc. And yes, a pistol too. It is all right by your side and easy to get to (not like a backpack). The OP was right in holding his tongue. Puffy eyes are hard to see through.

Lol whatever. I wouldn’t anticipate taking much of a beating from some queer wearing a purse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I personally am enjoying seeing how uncomfortable this has made most of you.

Comment

I pretty much have to wear a purse. At 46 with chronic respiratory failure I’m scripted to O2 24/7.

These cheap *** bags are just a means to stay moving for me. I can still beat most the people that mock a bag up the hill so it’s all good.

I dang sure won’t drag some cheap *** bottle cart on my trails.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazman View Post
              I personally am enjoying seeing how uncomfortable this has made most of you.
              Yes sir, it was just a satchel. And it contained his manly thangs. Reckon his manly thangs was a lot bigger than my manly thangs. I can get all mine in two pockets and still have room for a pint of likker.

Comment

It's a purse.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgQDAKsOh-M"]Fancy Boy Seinfeld - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                  Probably had it packed down with all his 6.5 Creedmoor ammo
                  Winner!

Comment

Before back packs... Davy Crockett carried... powder, projectiles, wading, etc in a purse?...in his pants? ...I dont think so. Satchel. I wonder what Davy called his satchel?

Said contents defines said container nomenclature.
                    Original chapstick...satchel
                    Strawberry chapstick...purse

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                      I pretty much have to wear a purse. At 46 with chronic respiratory failure I’m scripted to O2 24/7.

These cheap *** bags are just a means to stay moving for me. I can still beat most the people that mock a bag up the hill so it’s all good.

I dang sure won’t drag some cheap *** bottle cart on my trails.

My wife has the same issue. she has a little cart/dolly thing hers hets rolled around on. I feel for you bud. Kills me to see what she goes through. You right though, that little cart wouldn't make it 100 yards. Little machine was like 3 grand, and that cart isn't worth 10 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                        With the vehicle theft these days it’s smart to carry anything valuable with you. I have carried a backpack for years that has my wallet, gun, IPad,flashlight etc in it. I wear scrubs everyday so there aren’t any pockets for stuff. You can make fun of him if you want but he won’t be the one to walk outside to a popped lock and all his stuff stolen.
                        kinda sounds like somebody already stole his "stuff"

Comment

It may have been for times when his wife lets him tote her testicles.........

Comment

Carry on gentlemen. Love all the internet tough men! LOL!!

Comment

Just for the record, it was argued and discussed on here back about 2003 or 2004. We came to a conclusion they are refereed to as "Man Sacks" (sacks used by the mods here to transport hand tossed corn) so that no egos were harmed. I'm sure many of our mods still have one stashed away some where in they're hunting gear. Devin was notorious for custom "Man Sacks" if I remember correctly. But the common "Man Sack" came down to the fundamental bag most of us known as a Crown Royal bag. So, the next time you tilt one back, think about all the things you could fit in one. Or just some corn for hand tossing.

Comment

Giving an extreme benefit of the doubt regarding the OP's observed subject, I still doubt what he was carrying qualified as a Mountain Man possibles bag.

However, I would just like to commend Ladrones for his contributions regarding backcountry elk hunting and prep over the years, considering the need for added oxygen while traversing such challenging terrain.

Comment

Working...
                                X