No announcement yet.

Top .270 Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty hard to beat a m70 Super Grade for a box gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

270 weatherby would be my first choice if limiting yourself to a 270 caliber. What’s price point? Don’t let custom gun scare you, they can cost as little or as much as your desire.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
        Outta the box------------- Best shooter, on the market today
        is without a doubt, a Savage...…...

agreed

Comment

My dad and I have a couple Tikka rifles of various calibers and they shoot lights out for a reasonably priced off the shelf rifle. I bet most off the shelf rifles these days will out perform the shooter if you find the right ammo, good optics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by kc5rkg View Post
            My dad and I have a couple Tikka rifles of various calibers and they shoot lights out for a reasonably priced off the shelf rifle. I bet most off the shelf rifles these days will out perform the shooter if you find the right ammo, good optics, etc.

I agree with this. I have a TC Compass that will clover leaf at 100yds with Fusion ammo. The scope that sits on it was twice as much as the rifle though.

Comment

Originally posted by djs303 View Post
              My daughter won a Weatherby Vanguard Synthetic and I was surprised how accurate the riflte is out of the box. It has a nice crisp adjustable trigger and they are guaranteed SUB-MOA accuracy. When I buy another rifle I will definitely be looking at this reasonably priced rifle, retail around $600.
              Just buy the Howa and cut out the middle man. Howa makes the Vanguard sub moa rifles for Weatherby.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                Outta the box------------- Best shooter, on the market today
                is without a doubt, a Savage...…...
                I am a huge Savage fan too, but my Ruger American is a game hog.
                I love Rugers anyway (shotguns and pistols) but this .270 is my go to.
                Also with Fusions.

Comment

My dads Remington that I used as a kid, and now my Remington 270 both shoot lights out. I feel I can make any shot I take with either gun. Love em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve had 270 wins in almost every mfgrs rifle. My favorite by far has always been my Ruger#1. Beautiful rifle and very accurate! I’ve hunted with it since 1987.

Comment

going to need a budget. so many accurate guns these days.

Comment

take your pick-- no dogs in this pack. It's going to be about your taste, intended use (looker or truck gun), and budget.
                        do some work and provide a little information. these "spoon feed me" threads are a dime a dozen.

Comment

For me, the classic .270 has to be a Winchester Model 70 in a wood stock. Wood is for guns, plastic is for toys. I like furniture, not plastic....

Comment

I have a tikka 695 I love. But I'd look hard at the bergara for the $ know 2 people with one and they function nicely and shoot great

Comment

Love my Ruger. Don't know if it's the best or not but it works for me. Have you tried Gunwerks

Comment

Browning X-Bolt

Comment

Working...
                                X