No game warden and the poachers know it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No game warden and the poachers know it

Neighbor ranchers chased a guy they caught spotlighting on their ranch. Ended up being a high speed chase down gravel roads. Nobody could alert me that they were chasing him through our ranch. I don’t get cell phone service in the house, which can be bad for me. They ended up having to break off the chase. Couldn’t catch up to him. What’s really strange is that the same suspected poacher was in town this morning at the same place we were all buying breakfast from. He overheard our conversation about last night’s events and immediately left as fast as possible. Word is out that there’s no game warden. Haven't heard if the GW quit or what.

I heard shots the other night, but didn’t go to investigate. Just thought it was further away on somebody else’s land. Could’ve been the same poacher. Due to the crazies out here it’s especially not wise to go out alone when confronting a trespasser at night. I’ll wait and get help from sheriff deputies.

Is this in Earth County?

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
      Is this in Earth County?

Rwc
      No

Comment

WOW that sucks!

Comment

Guess he doesn’t want us to know where there isn’t a game warden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

So are you going to call Sheriff or TPWD to seek help?

Comment

You gonna tell us a county?

Comment

Are u sure it wasn’t the ex game warden doing the spot lighting!

Comment

If you want to PM me the county, I can ask my Fed GW buddy if he's got any insight why there wouldn't be a contact and/or get you a number for a neighboring county GW...I'm sure they would help.

Comment

Yikes!

Comment

I ain't no game warden. Therefore I wouldn't be high speed pursuing anyone. That's a good way to get shot over a deer. I'll pass.

Comment

This reminds me a movie I saw once.

Comment

wow...there's nothing fun about any of that....good luck. Nice of you GS guys to offer help too!!

Comment

That's annoying to deal with. Good luck.

Comment

Below is a link to the game wardens by county. You can also look up and call the regional offices...
                              Yes wardens to get transferred/retire/quit from time to time, but I am pretty sure one of the surrounding county GW's is assigned to fill in on major cases until a full time replacement is brought in.

If you know who is poaching, and have high speed chases going through you ranch - I'm pretty sure TPWD would like to hear about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X