New Suppresser Law in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Suppresser Law in Texas

Did the new law actually go into effect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it went into effect today but its a meaningless law and does absolutely nothing. Federal Law will always trump any state law on suppressors....

Comment

What exactly does it allow for?

Comment

So I can’t go down to my local shop and buy a made in Texas Suppressor today?

Comment

Originally posted by Bh_liberty View Post

I dont think that you will find a place that is willing to do that. It is still ATF regulated whether we like it or not. This law will change nothing. Its not like weed.

Comment

no you 100% can from my understanding. My point is even if you do that if the feds want to come in and bend you over they will and what Texas says is allowed will mean absolutely nothing.

Here's a story for you. Someone I knew had a restraining order out on an ex biz partner due to them being bi-polar. On that restraining order the State judge in her handwriting wrote "you are allowed to own and posses firearms and ammunition to protect yourself". However the ex-biz partner filed a restraining order against her in retaliation. Fast forward 6 months and some things popped off between them again and it resulted in search warrants getting served. The same girl that had a state judge write she is allowed to posses firearms was charged with federal firearms violations bc she was a "prohibited person" due to her having a restraining order out against her. The feds always win and the system is broken.

Point of the story is that you can go buy whatever you want but if you are ever caught in a bad situation the feds will have your balls in their hands bc their laws always trump state laws and there isnt a dang thing you can do about it. To me just get the stamp and sleep easy at night.

Comment

No FFL who doesn't want to lose their license will sell you a suppressor.

Nothing will change until the law goes through the courts

Comment

If anyone finds a suppressor shop willing to risk their federal license to sell a suppressor under the new rules, please post on here.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
                  If anyone finds a suppressor shop willing to risk their federal license to sell a suppressor under the new rules, please post on here.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                  I won't even be looking. That's not a hill I care to die on personally.

Comment

Thought I read somewhere a gun shop in Houston somewhere was going to sell them without the stamp. Can’t recall the name though

Comment

From what I understand is about this is. Texas is feeling they are on firm ground with the argument of the Feds being able to and do regulate interstate commerce. A can that is made in Texas and stays in Texas should not be interstate regulated. I believe that is the premise they are going with. I hope it happens and all is needed is a 4473 to acquire a can. But I do not think the feds will let it happen because it will give Texas more independence...and THAT. They are against.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper33 View Post
                        Yes it went into effect today but its a meaningless law and does absolutely nothing. Federal Law will always trump any state law on suppressors....
                        Isn’t pot illegal?
                        A lot of states say it isn’t.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                          From what I understand is about this is. Texas is feeling they are on firm ground with the argument of the Feds being able to and do regulate interstate commerce. A can that is made in Texas and stays in Texas should not be interstate regulated. I believe that is the premise they are going with. I hope it happens and all is needed is a 4473 to acquire a can. But I do not think the feds will let it happen because it will give Texas more independence...and THAT. They are against.
                          Problem is getting one sold to you by the ffl until the law is cleared & we get a kitchen pass directly from ATF...no way am I sticking my neck out to violate federal law if ATF tells me this TX law has no standing. I'm certain the manufacture wouldn't sell them to me being an 01 as well till clarified.

I just don't see ATF letting this cash cow move forward...they aren't gonna let barn door open & lose $200 per transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                            Isn’t pot illegal?
                            Selective enforcement with the Feds. If they don’t like a law, they ignore it. If they don’t like a constitutional right, they also ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                              Isn’t pot illegal?
                              It sure is and I see your point but just saying something still wont stop the feds from doing you dirty every chance they get. My point is that its high risk right now to have a suppressor without the stamp. I like the direction we are headed but there is more that needs to be vetted out prior to me rolling the dice on my freedom.

Comment

Working...
                              X