PSA Dog Flea and Tick Meds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSA Dog Flea and Tick Meds

I have been buying Bravecto for my lab for three years now. It has worked great at keeping fleas and ticks from being a problem (I've never even seen a tick on her).
    I have to buy it through Vet Source because my vet won't release my Rx to me, arguing that she can't confirm the quality, etc. of meds from the discount sources. I have been paying $63 for a quarterly chew.
    I recently ran out of the heartworm meds for Lola and I don't remember how much that med was.
    Anyway, my kids found a source (in Australia) for discount, big name dog meds and they have used it for their dogs with no problems, issues, or complaints. Plus this source does NOT require a Rx.
    So, last night I ordered a 6-month supply of Nexgard Spectra for $87.99. The Nexgard Spectra fights fleas and ticks (like Bravecto) but ALSO prevents heartworms and intestinal worms. So, not even counting the cost of an additional heartworm pill I've been giving Lola, the price comparison for a year is $175.98 for Nexgard Spectra ($87.99x2) versus $252 for Bravecto ($63x4). (Plus Lola gets heartworm and intestinal worm protection)
    This place has all the major brands: Trifexis, Nexgard, Bravecto, Comfortis, Simparica, etc. They also have meds for other issues (pain, anxiety, etc.)
    I would say that this is probably a better source IF you have used a vet and your dog is prescribed the meds. And maybe, like me, your prescription has either expired or isn't given to you by your vet. (Obviously, there are major problems with just giving a heartworm med to a dog that has heartworms.)
    The source is Sierra Pet Meds (or PetCareRx.com).
    Last edited by 2B4Him; 01-21-2021, 09:55 AM.

Thanks

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Comment

I’m gonna look into that for my two. Appreciate it !

Comment

Equimax.

Comment

Comment

great source of info and i have been using canada pet supply for our dogs bravecto and whatnot......no rx needed

Comment

Yep I've been doing Hoof and Hound from Australia for a couple years now. Ridiculous excuses the vets use to avoid giving scripts to buy online.

Comment

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                      Yep I've been doing Hoof and Hound from Australia for a couple years now. Ridiculous excuses the vets use to avoid giving scripts to buy online.
                      I'll never understand. Easier to get prescriptions for humans than dogs. And all our meds are made in China LOL

I've been looking for a flea/tick pill for my dogs so thanks for the link.

Comment

Always funny to see the arm chair veterinarians on here and their solutions. People that think they have it all figured out going the cheap route and buying stuff overseas with little to no regulation on them. Good luck explaining to your vet when your animal has an adverse reaction and is dying, from your cheap meds, and now you need their help. We see this somewhat regular unfortunately and the outcome is not usually good. There is a reason meds in the US are more. Because there IS regulation, testing and processes that meds have to go though to be approved for safe use here. But, if you're willing to risk your pets life for a few extra bucks, to each his own I guess....

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                          Always funny to see the arm chair veterinarians on here and their solutions. People that think they have it all figured out going the cheap route and buying stuff overseas with little to no regulation on them. Good luck explaining to your vet when your animal has an adverse reaction and is dying, from your cheap meds, and now you need their help. We see this somewhat regular unfortunately and the outcome is not usually good. There is a reason meds in the US are more. Because there IS regulation, testing and processes that meds have to go though to be approved for safe use here. But, if you're willing to risk your pets life for a few extra bucks, to each his own I guess....
                          lmao, we're buying the same exact meds bud, but it's ok you do you.

Comment

I checked website for my dogs meds, and my vet is still a little cheaper on apoquel and Bravecto. Guess prices vary a lot per vet.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                              I checked website for my dogs meds, and my vet is still a little cheaper on apoquel and Bravecto. Guess prices vary a lot per vet.
                              Try these guys too: https://www.hoofanhound.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X