No announcement yet.

Annual Whooping Crane boat tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i did my 10th grade Biology project on whooping cranes in 1983...if I remember correctly there were 72-74 in wild at that time and I got a C on the project.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the great pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TKRanch View Post
        Big or smaller boat? I've been on the big one out of Fulton Harbor once but normally go on the smaller boat with only 3 other people on board.
        We went with Kevin in one of the smaller boats with only 4 of us. It was great, been wanting to do it for years, but had to put it on hold for 8 years while we were in Illinois. Now that we are back in Texas it was a must do!![/QUOTE]

Cool! The Sims' are good people. This was my first time to go with Lori, been with Kevin about 3 times now I think.

Comment

Awesome pics! Have a pair that have been hanging around some of my goose hunting properties for the past 10 or so years. Some times they have an offspring with them. This year it was just the 2 of them.

Comment

Originally posted by twdjr View Post
            Awesome pics! Have a pair that have been hanging around some of my goose hunting properties for the past 10 or so years. Some times they have an offspring with them. This year it was just the 2 of them.
            Thanks! Are you seeing them in Chambers Co. by chance?

Comment

now, i know where my crabs in Copano Bay go

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                now, i know where my crabs in Copano Bay go

Do you see them on Copano Bay?

Comment

love these pics! super cool

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                    Thanks! Are you seeing them in Chambers Co. by chance?
                    Wharton and Colorado Counties. I saw 3 today in a rice field by one of my leases.

Comment

Originally posted by mcphilpott View Post
                      love these pics! super cool

Thanks!

Originally posted by twdjr View Post
                      Wharton and Colorado Counties. I saw 3 today in a rice field by one of my leases.

I know someone photographed them in the Bay City/Matagorda area quite a bit last year. They are cool to see.

Comment

very nice pics. Thx for sharing

Comment

Great pics of an awesome subject. The flight take off series from standing to taxi to flight is outstanding. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Pretty cool birds. I saw 3 in a rice field this past Saturday in Chambers County down the road from where we duck hunt.

Comment

Thanks again.

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                              Great pics of an awesome subject. The flight take off series from standing to taxi to flight is outstanding. Thanks for posting.
                              Thanks. I really liked that sequence also. They start signalling their intent so you just have to be ready.

Originally posted by gander View Post
                              Pretty cool birds. I saw 3 in a rice field this past Saturday in Chambers County down the road from where we duck hunt.
                              There were a pair of them over there last year. I wonder if they have a colt this year. Any orange color on one of them?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                                Thanks again.

Thanks. I really liked that sequence also. They start signalling their intent so you just have to be ready.

There were a pair of them over there last year. I wonder if they have a colt this year. Any orange color on one of them?
                                I didn't even stop and look at them very hard. Two of them were standing about 30 yards off the road on 1663 and the 3rd was in the same field about 75-100 yards further in.

Comment

Working...
                                X