Rattlesnake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rattlesnake

Now I've killed on dove hunting, how do others fix them. I ate an one out of the Ozarks 35 years ago and just chicken fried it. am I missing something?Thanks

Timber or Diamondback?

Timber Rattlesnakes are protected and listed as a threatened species in Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Western. I am well aware of the regulations. Now about that recipe, you got anything?

Comment

Originally posted by timberking View Post
        Western. I am well aware of the regulations. Now about that recipe, you got anything?
        The internet police are just checking to make sure.......

Comment

Soak the meat in milk over night. Then act like its fish. Smaller strips seem to do better. Roll it in eggs then use some Louisiana fish fry crispy mix. If you cut to big of chunks it can be a little chewy. Strip it and fry it!

Comment

Thanks CornSlinger. I got a mess of bream that need to be eaten and was thinking the fish fry mix would work. Love that Louisiana Fry in the blue package.

Comment

FIL grilled one last year. We use Fiesta's Uncle Chris' Steak Seasoning on everything. It was good. Fried would've probably been better. Anything fried........

Comment

I agree on the small pieces and deep frying, but how do you get rid of the rubber taste after you've run over it numerous times?��

Comment

Originally posted by Davik View Post
                  I agree on the small pieces and deep frying, but how do you get rid of the rubber taste after you've run over it numerous times?��
                  Citrus degreaser

Comment

I did the fish last night and worked the snake in. The bream fillets were better. Rattler was a little chewy. Wife wasn't pleased and said she lost her appetite.

Comment

Here is how we cooked this year on our javi hunt... And they were eating it over crappie!!!!

Once you have meat skinned and gutted. Cut into 3"-4" sections. Use the yellow bottle of bisquik pancake batter... But instead of water to mix use beer.... We used coors original... Cause that's how we roll

Coat sections in batter and throw in a fish fryer, turkey fryer, fry daddy... Whatever

You will have 2 "backstraps" to eat and the rib meat, you just bite and roll of ribs. Easy and clean

It was actually very good. I've tried it grilled and chicken fried and it sucked both ways... This was enjoyable

Comment

Skin the snake and then carefully remove the backstrap. cut into 2" lengths, batter with cornmeal and flour and deep fry.

Comment

Very cool thread going to have to try it out!

Comment

Did one a couple years ago and just put a good rub and grilled it. Everyone thought it was great. I thought much better than fried.

Comment

Throw in trash

Comment

Working...
                              X