No announcement yet.

TSA got me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I once flew from Memphis to Dallas to Seattle to BC, Canada with a Gerber Gator folding knife in my carry on freaked out in Canada when I found it and mailed it back. took almost 9 weeks for that package to show up. Glad it did though!

Comment

Done it a time or two - Once I tried to give the relatively cheap knife to a teenage kid. His mom evidently didn’t think jr should have a knife. Per her reaction I might as well been trying to give him a weapon of mass destruction.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
        I can't stand the TSA. It's just all for the illusion of security. Frisking old ladies and little kids and taking pocket knives from people that have carried them their whole life. Is that really the ones we are worried about? It's a joke. Plus, they miss just about everything BUT thank goodness they got that pocket knife off of you.
        I trend more to this mindset. My wife and I recently returned from a trip to Alaska. I literally never had to open my gun case. Not once. Had to show them it was locked, but never opened it. It could've been full of hand grenades with the pins pulled for all they knew. At one of the security check points my wife's hands were scanned and they took her aside and had a female official get all sorts of personal and completely emptied her bags and what not. Turns out she had put lotion on her hands and it alerted the scan. They shrugged and said it happens all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
          I did that once. They gave me the option of putting it in my vehicle.

I didn't have time to get back to the car so I hid it in a flower bed.

Picked it back up when I got back.
          Now that’s clever!!

Comment

Waterfowl hunters you better not take your choke times in your carry on! They got my brand new A5 chokes on the way back from Canada.

Comment

I can't stand the TSA. It's just all for the illusion of security. Frisking old ladies and little kids and taking pocket knives from people that have carried them their whole life. Is that really the ones we are worried about? It's a joke. Plus, they miss just about everything BUT thank goodness they got that pocket knife off of you.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michael.../#364392c12a38

Lol like the time I flew to Utah and had 4 rounds of 300WM in my bino harness. DFW TSA missed it, had a layover and TSA in Cali found it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                I made it through ABIA into Denver. Had a few hours between flights in Denver so went outside for a smoke. Going back through security they pulled 3 rounds of 30.06 out of my bino harness that I had in my carry on. They were surprisingly cool about it. Losing a nice knife would suck though.
                Yeah they found a .22 round in my shirt pocket packed in my bag one time. Didn’t act like it was a big deal at all. Sucked because I missed my flight though.

Comment

I have gotten to the security check to starting emptying out into the bins for the xray check and had my moore maker pocket knife my dad gave to me with my name engraved in it. I grabbed my stuff and ran back to the bag check and the lady running the counter ran to the back brought me my bag and let me put it in there. My bag and my knife both made it home without delays.

Comment

Happened to me in Houston a few years ago. I was carrying my favorite knife. They let me use a fedex kiosk to mail it to myself. It cost about $30 which is b.s. but I still have my knife.

Comment

My buddy was in town from Connecticut for a week. We shot alot of guns while he was here. When he got home and changed clothes at his house, he emptied his pockets and had some live 17HMR rounds in his right pocket. Can't believe they didn't catch them.

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                        Lol like the time I flew to Utah and had 4 rounds of 300WM in my bino harness. DFW TSA missed it, had a layover and TSA in Cali found it.
                        Mine was going in Houston on the return flight from Costa Rica, lol

Comment

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michael.../#364392c12a38
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	42D02476-1984-40D4-8B7C-3C12878E8561.png
Views:	1
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	24552369

My wife has a tiny spyderco knife in her purse. I can’t count the number of times she has passed TSA check and even customs twice. May just be that she is a 119 lb hot blonde with a sweet butt

Comment

I was behind a woman in the Pre Check line who whipped out a pair of scissors from her purse and showed the TSA guy. They must have had 5in blades. He ****ing let her pass! Now I’m usually pretty mouthy and I must have been stunned because I normally would have had a few things to say about that when folks can’t even bring a small pocket knife through security. I have no idea why she was allowed through.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X