Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas brand of football has not inspired as of late. Many on here expected them to blow out Tulsa. I indicated that they would not. I felt they would win in a close one, but there was a fear that they could lose. I don't know what it is, but they are not good. I can't pick them against USC. Having them favored by 3.5 is the kiss of death. They will have to play with zero mistakes and zero penalties. Their run game is not that good and their starting QB makes some serious bad throws at times. He also makes terrible decisions at the absolute worst times. Can they win, yes, because USC is a shell of its former self. Texas has not played well at home in big games though. USC will bring it. I still see a 27-17 USC victory. It hurts me to write that, but let's be real about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
      Texas brand of football has not inspired as of late. Many on here expected them to blow out Tulsa. I indicated that they would not. I felt they would win in a close one, but there was a fear that they could lose. I don't know what it is, but they are not good. I can't pick them against USC. Having them favored by 3.5 is the kiss of death. They will have to play with zero mistakes and zero penalties. Their run game is not that good and their starting QB makes some serious bad throws at times. He also makes terrible decisions at the absolute worst times. Can they win, yes, because USC is a shell of its former self. Texas has not played well at home in big games though. USC will bring it. I still see a 27-17 USC victory. It hurts me to write that, but let's be real about it.
      Have you seen USC play this year? They are strugglin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Hell the defense sucked **** through a straw all game and you mention the offense? 4 missed FGs and a dropped TD pass in the end zone by Tulsa? ... plus 21 points in the second half? .... I’m more concerned about them than the offense. The O at least moved the ball some....negated by stupid penalties and drops. All fixable.

Meh, Tulsa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
          Incorrect. When called upon it has been pretty dang good.

Again, the problem with the O is PLAYCALLING AND GAMEPLANS THAT DON'T FIT THE QBs SKILL SET.

As Smart said, the D worries e more right now...…..but it is designed to stop Big 12 spread offenses.....soooooo…….

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Meh, Tulsa.

Which is exactly why you should be scared of the meh defense..

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
              They won a Natty...
              ...and played for another and won 3 of 4 BCS Bowls.

I started to type a response....then just laughed and moved on.

Comment

True. I was worried by Texas' inability to put pressure on the QB. I think they'll blitz more this game.
                Originally posted by Smart View Post
                Which is exactly why you should be scared of the meh defense..
                Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I am more worried about the offense… Is that OK?

The bad offense goes all the way back through last year. I feel like the defense is easier to clean up. My biggest problem with the offense is the actual scheme.

Comment

….and play calling which I have said 100 times. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                      ….and play calling which I have said 100 times. LOL.

101 now [emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
                        Glad you're thinking ahead like I am.

I knew you were not catching anything, your son is taking over the No. 1 position in the boat.

I'm ready for that day! I wanna sleep all the way to the lake! Eat snacks and get crumbs everywhere. Take a nap and wake up in time to go to weight in and get a check!![emoji12]

Haven't been on lake Fork since Aug 25th! Been busy with work. Boo. I bet I catch fish before I leave sight of the ramp this weekend both days!![emoji2]

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          I am more worried about the offense… Is that OK?

The bad offense goes all the way back through last year. I feel like the defense is easier to clean up. My biggest problem with the offense is the actual scheme.

Sure...you do you.

Comment

You post some great Crappie pics. Do you guide up there?

Comment

2018 College Football -Week 3

**** we all suck.....except for NC17 and Oktx. [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                                **** we all suck.....except for NC17 and Oktx. [emoji23]

Sure...you do you![emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                                X