No announcement yet.

Tropical Weather Discussion 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where do you guys go to get these future model runs?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
      Looks like my guided teal hunt in Katy,Tx for Saterday morning will still be a go then.
      Other than the birds (what few there are) will be scattered out pretty good...
      I was out there last week and saw a grand total of 4 teal buzzing probably 2,000 acres of rice. Lots of rice on the prairie and now lots of other water for them to work...

Teal hunting can be boom or bust depending on timing... One day none, next day they're everywhere, then back to none... Just gotta get out there and try to get lucky with timing as they come thru this part of the country on their way farther south...

Good luck!

Comment

12z Euro looks about the same as last night's run. Weak TS into the Corpus area.
        Also you can see how this particular model run wants to spread the rain.. I wouldn't use that as a take it to the bank number, but gives an idea of what the model is thinking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cur_Dog View Post
          This is one site I visit.

Comment

Thank you! Perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Cur_Dog View Post
              Storm2k

Comment

Comment

This is also a great site. You can get a lot of information from the various models similar to Tropical Tidbits, but can get a bit more detail from this one for certain things. Tropical Tidbits can also get really slow when a ton of people are looking at it during the peak run times, like currently with Florence threatening.

Comment

Originally posted by 2coolforschool View Post
                    From what I’ve seen, there isn’t really a place in Texas that absolutely “needs” it, especially after last week. As always, it’s feast or famine with the rainfall.

San Angelo water supply is Twin Buttes reservoir and it went from 2.8% to 3.5% of capacity with last weeks rain. Still in serious NEED of it in most of West Texas. 4” of rain and very little runoff. Most creeks and rivers still show 0 CFS. Just puddles in the rivers when I was there this weekend. Ground just sucked up all of it.

Comment

Hopefully it goes a little farther North

Comment

Thanks for the websites!

Comment

we have only gotten a little over an inch in Lee County where i live in the last couple months. rain keeps missing us and grass is dead. Would love for another 3-4 inches plus to fall. The ponds have really taken a hit here and people are having to feed hay already.
                          going to be a long winter if we don't get some growth back

Comment

Originally posted by Merc View Post
                            I wouldn't worry about it. I flew outta Houston last year for a wedding in Colorado when it was still forecasted that Harvey would be a TS. Truck stayed at the parking spot, high and dry the whole time.
                            Lol, you were in the right parking garage. Those at the terminal were OK, the surrounding less expensive lots were hit and miss. I took 2 buddies over to retrieve their vehicles and it was up to the axles on both trucks. The Mercedes, Volvos and Porsches didn't fare well in those lots.

Comment

This is a pretty cool site with enhanced color from the GOES-16 satellite showing the Gulf and East Coast.

Be forewarned, it's a huge image and takes a bit to load.

Comment

Looks like it is trying to gets its act together and become better organized

Comment

Working...
                                X