Tropical Weather Discussion 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
    Newly tagged Invest 95L is the system we will have to watch here on the TX coast late this week. Not a whole lot of model support at this time for much development but we could see a depression/Tropical Storm out of this. With the shear currently in place(forecast to relax later this week) i would guess if something does "develop", it will be close to the coast. Lots of rain possible this week. Just my thoughts.. Stay plugged into official weather sources!

In the mean time.. Look at Florence
    She’s a beauty.

Comment

Gonna stay on top of this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
        Gonna stay on top of this thread.
        You and I both. I just finished cleaning up from Harvey and now y'all are saying there maybe something else heading in....

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Every year it seems to be the same.....
          it's either too dry for hay to grow, or it wont quite raining long enough to cut it.

Comment

I'll be watching this closely as I have family on the east coast.

Comment

Originally posted by Merc View Post
              You and I both. I just finished cleaning up from Harvey and now y'all are saying there maybe something else heading in....

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
              Yes, as ccb pointed out, all eyes on 95L along the Texas coast. Early forecast thinking weak tropical storm coming ashore along the lower to middle Texas coast bringing a ton of rain with it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you, Johnny and CCB!

Comment

SC governor ordering the entire SC coast to evacuate.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                    She’s a beauty.

Time for a new camper and a new truck! Stay safe and hope you can help them people out as they need it.

Comment

Up to 50% chance of development now. Looks good per vis satellite.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasFlyer03 View Post
                        We haven’t gotten the official word yet, but anticipating moving our jets this week to get them outta the way of this storm.

The craze has already started here in SC.
                        The craze is real. I live between Aransas Pass and Rockport. Do not underestimate this storm. Get as many supplies as you an now, and get double what you think. If you don't have a generator, find one. If power goes out, we went without power for 6 weeks. If you buy a generator, get one that runs off gas and propane so you have options. Be ready to only have AC at night. At least it is a cooler part of the year. We were recovering in Aug with temps in the high 90's, humidity around 95%, and mosquitoes from Jurassic park.

Make sure you have all important paperwork, insurance accounts, and pictures ready to go now. We lots so many pictures, because like so many times before we assumed it was a hurrication and we were coming home to a house.

Document everything!! Go through the house and get pictures and video of every item you can including serial numbers. Insurance will want proof of what you have. Don't leave any vehicles home. Just cause it goes through a hurriacane doesn't mean that insurance will total it. I have $500 into fixing my transmission for parts and I did the labor replacing all the solenoids myself. Had an insurance claim that cost me $250 to have the car painted which cost insurance $3500. Take your pets. We have rabbits, chickens, and goats we couldn't take. I have no idea how they made it through but they all did.

Most importantly is take care of you and your family. Hug them tight and remember things are material and can be rebuilt. I will say this past year has been the hardest thing I have ever had to do and I had it good compared to others.

Lastly, if you take a direct hit from the hurricane, the pictures you see in the news and online will not help any for what you will see when you pull back into town. I had seen the pictures from friends and what was on the news, but when you pull back into town and the whole town is damaged nothing can prepare you. I am not an emotional person, but still get watery eyed and choked up when I think back to those days and weeks following Aug 25th 2017. I can't always remember my kids birthdays, and catch it from my wife because of it, but I remember Harveys Bday every time. Thats how life changing a hurricane can be.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                          Time for a new camper and a new truck! Stay safe and hope you can help them people out as they need it.
                          not for me.

I'm still in Florida working claims from last September 10 hurricane (Irma)

and here is where I'll stay.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                            She’s a beauty.

Your next retirement fund?

Nevermind, see your post above now.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                              Praying for families being impacted by Florence. Also praying we get spared in storms to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              I am in agreement with you in this prayer.

Comment

So heading to my lease Just west of Tilden to top off feeders and shoot birds will most likely be a wash out this weekend?

Comment

Working...
                                X