• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of activity on this map.
    Attached Files

Comment

This came off the net this morning:

All eyes are focused on Hurricane Florence as we begin the new week and chances for a major impact on the US east coast continue to grow. Florence is now churning slowly towards the US east coast as a category 2 hurricane and may make a landfall late Thursday or early Friday somewhere along the Carolina coastline – likely with “major” hurricane status. Very strong high pressure ridging is now building at upper levels of the atmosphere across southeastern Canada and the northwestern Atlantic and this will be a key player in the push of Florence towards the east coast over the next few days. In addition, this very strong high pressure ridge will eventually act as an “atmospheric brick wall” for Florence once it reaches the east coast and the brakes will be put on any attempt at a northward advance by the storm. This eventual slow down in the northward advance of Florence will allow for an extended period of heavy rainfall and the result could be tremendous rainfall amounts in the Carolinas and much of the Mid-Atlantic region.

Comment

This popped up this morning in my feed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Florence is bombing out right now. Cat 4 by what recon is finding flying the storm right now. Pressure down to 947mb, 115 knot winds.. Should be a special advisory out soon from NHC. The way it looks right now reminds me a lot of Harvey.

Nightmare situation unfolding for East Coast.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
              Don't Bogart....

Comment

Praying for families being impacted by Florence. Also praying we get spared in storms to come.

Comment

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
                  Florence is bombing out right now. Cat 4 by what recon is finding flying the storm right now. Pressure down to 947mb, 115 knot winds.. Should be a special advisory out soon from NHC. The way it looks right now reminds me a lot of Harvey.

Nightmare situation unfolding for East Coast.
                  With pressure that low and such a defined eye wall, i wouldnt be surprised if it is much stronger than that right now. Monster storm building.

Comment

We currently have a low along the Texas coast dumping lots of rain from Houston to Brownsville in already saturated areas. On top of that we very well could see a tropical storm impact the Texas coast on Fri/Sat. Everyone needs to be on alert for potential flooding.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                      We currently have a low along the Texas coast dumping lots of rain from Houston to Brownsville in already saturated areas. On top of that we very well could see a tropical storm impact the Texas coast on Fri/Sat. Everyone needs to be on alert for potential flooding.

Add to that the current path that Isaac is on could very well take it into the GOM and impact the Texas coast.

Comment

I worked 12 hour shifts for Harvey last year. I have not got any emails regarding a new storm. Definitely paying attention

Comment

Newly tagged Invest 95L is the system we will have to watch here on the TX coast late this week. Not a whole lot of model support at this time for much development but we could see a depression/Tropical Storm out of this. With the shear currently in place(forecast to relax later this week) i would guess if something does "develop", it will be close to the coast. Lots of rain possible this week. Just my thoughts.. Stay plugged into official weather sources!

In the mean time.. Look at Florence

Comment

watching... starting to hear whispers from Corp of Engineers source and Coast Guard Aux sources that we should start paying attention and getting equipment and gear ready in case of deployment.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
                                Newly tagged Invest 95L is the system we will have to watch here on the TX coast late this week. Not a whole lot of model support at this time for much development but we could see a depression/Tropical Storm out of this. With the shear currently in place(forecast to relax later this week) i would guess if something does "develop", it will be close to the coast. Lots of rain possible this week. Just my thoughts.. Stay plugged into official weather sources!

In the mean time.. Look at Florence
                                Looking at the conditions ahead of her, I think she will make history. reporting may still be behind on wind speed right now. She is like an ice skater swinging her arms out to build up energy before drawing them in to increase velocity of spin. Also, if she keeps bumping slightly south of West, we may see that landfall cone drop down significantly.

Comment

Working...
                                X