No announcement yet.

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love hearing how everyone is doing. Congrats to you guys. Its been a year now and I'm down 80lbs. Keto and IF. Just maintaining right now. I'm having heart surgery on Friday. Once I recover from that, I'm going to make a push to loose 20 more lbs. Overall the doctors have been amazed at how my health has improved. If I can just get my ticker to work right, i'll be all set.

Comment

Originally posted by abilliott View Post
      For those of your with a sweet-tooth, I made a cheesecake with monkfruit sweetener about a week ago. It came out great, just don't eat the graham cracker crust! lol
      Use a crushed walnut crust, you will never even sniff at a Graham cracker crust ever again.

Comment

crawdad

Congrats on all the hard work and your weight loss success! Glad your overall health is improving. Prayers up for you on your heart surgery Friday!

Comment

For any weight lifters out there see my recent post Any weight lifters out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

It works. This time is different. From my heaviest of 271, I'm glad to be 30lbs down.

Always had issues with my back, keto got me light enough to start running and working out. Joined a gym and PT for accountability. Running 2+ miles a day and a workout now a days. Loving it. The eating has gotten aot easier, but I don't even want to see an avocado anymore whichbis devastating for a messkin. Worth it.

KETO STARTED JULY 1

Last edited by Chuy; 08-23-2018, 08:33 AM. Reason: KETO STARTED JULY 1

Comment

Originally posted by Chuy View Post
              It works. This time is different. From my heaviest of 271, I'm glad to be 30lbs down.

Always had issues with my back, keto got me light enough to start running and working out. Joined a gym and PT for accountability. Running 2+ miles a day and a workout now a days. Loving it. The eating has gotten aot easier, but I don't even want to see an avocado anymore whichbis devastating for a messkin. Worth it.

Awesome, keep it up! I’m at 275 trying to get down to 235. Been on Keto for 5 months and can’t seem to break through the 275 wall. Probably gonna start running more

Comment

246 when I started, sea-sawed back and forth for a few months. Broke 210 this morning. Trying to hit 200lb by my Sept 15 elk hunt.

Comment

Been Keto since 5/25/17 and started Carnivore Keto on 1/22/18. Over 65lbs down. I do coaching. If anybody needs any help just PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                    246 when I started, sea-sawed back and forth for a few months. Broke 210 this morning. Trying to hit 200lb by my Sept 15 elk hunt.
                    Thats awesome! its amazing how the weight comes off with Keto. I've been drinking KETO rise and an MCT powder in the morning to get my started. Testing in the evenings. Really getting tired of the same foods over and over.

Comment

Thats awesome! its amazing how the weight comes off with Keto. I've been drinking KETO rise and an MCT powder in the morning to get my started. Testing in the evenings. Really getting tired of the same foods over and over.
                      What are you testing with?

I did it a few years back for about a year. Was lifting 6 times a week and doing cardio. Helped me out quiet a bit. Now trying
                      To get back in shape but not counting calories, just eating. Lost 4 lbs the first week. This week I’ve been stagnant. Probably need to start counting calories again.

Comment

I got burned out on the breakfast/coffee prep. I just stopped eating breakfast and only have a Primal Kitchen meal replacement shake at lunch. Drink lots of water and snack on almonds or jerky if I get hangry!

Once I started that, my weight loss kicked into high gear.
                        Last edited by Traildust; 08-23-2018, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                          Awesome, keep it up! I’m at 275 trying to get down to 235. Been on Keto for 5 months and can’t seem to break through the 275 wall. Probably gonna start running more

Running or strenuous exercise definitely helped me get into Ketosis faster. How many carbs?

Originally posted by Azzy View Post
                          What are you testing with?

I did it a few years back for about a year. Was lifting 6 times a week and doing cardio. Helped me out quiet a bit. Now trying
                          To get back in shape but not counting calories, just eating. Lost 4 lbs the first week. This week I’ve been stagnant. Probably need to start counting calories again.
                          I got some of those strips from amazon. Noticed they light up after a high fat meal.

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                          I got burned out on the breakfast/coffee prep. I just stopped eating breakfast and only have a Primal Kitchen meal replacement shake at lunch. Drink lots of water and snack on almonds or jerky if I get hangry!

Once I started that, my weight loss kicked into high gear.
                          May have to look into the replacement shake. I noticed that my workouts/runs go a lot better if I eat well beforehand. Small dinner and done! How much water are you drinking?

Comment

Running or strenuous exercise definitely helped me get into Ketosis faster. How many carbs?

I got some of those strips from amazon. Noticed they light up after a high fat meal.

May have to look into the replacement shake. I noticed that my workouts/runs go a lot better if I eat well beforehand. Small dinner and done! How much water are you drinking?
                            1-1/2 - 2 gallons of water a day. 6 cup of coffee

Comment

I started this about 9 days ago. I feel like I'm skinnier (pants are loose), but I've only dropped about 3 lbs. Not sure how it's even possible - I track every calorie I eat and I've been consuming about 1700/day at 75% fat, 20% protein, 5% carbs, but I'm not dropping weight that much. I don't have that much to lose (225 lbs going for 205), so maybe that's it?

Also drink an absolute ton of water, so it's possible I've been weighing myself right after drinking 40 ounces of water, so that might explain some of it.

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                                I started this about 9 days ago. I feel like I'm skinnier (pants are loose), but I've only dropped about 3 lbs. Not sure how it's even possible - I track every calorie I eat and I've been consuming about 1700/day at 75% fat, 20% protein, 5% carbs, but I'm not dropping weight that much. I don't have that much to lose (225 lbs going for 205), so maybe that's it?

Also drink an absolute ton of water, so it's possible I've been weighing myself right after drinking 40 ounces of water, so that might explain some of it.
                                I’m where you’re at. Was like 229. Dropped to 223. Fluctuating at 225. Been lifting at least 3 times a week and started an ECA stack this week. Been drinking about a gallon of water a day. Thinking I need to start logging my calories. Doubt I’m getting more than 2500 a day since I’ve been drinking protein shakes pretty much through out the day. Than I do a light lunch, half a chicken breast and cheese. And for dinner some pork or beef.

Comment

Working...
                                X