Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MisterSanders View Post
    If anyone wants some easy recipes for this diet, I have several I can help ya out with. This is a great diet to stay on for a month or so, even do carb cycling.
    Would love some recipes!

Comment

Reading up on the bulletproof coffee recipe. Do you use coconut oil, Brain Octane or another MCT? Salted or unsalted butter?

Reading about Brain Octane it says since it is pure the hunger suppression is a lot longer and mental clarity is higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy View Post
        Reading up on the bulletproof coffee recipe. Do you use coconut oil, Brain Octane or another MCT? Salted or unsalted butter?

Reading about Brain Octane it says since it is pure the hunger suppression is a lot longer and mental clarity is higher.
        Usually recommended to use unsalted, organic butter. I use 1 tsp butter, 1 tsp coconut oil, 1 tsp cream from canned coconut milk, sometimes a touch of cocoa powder and 3-4 drops of stevia for a changeup.

Comment

I just buy jars of coconut oil from Kroger. I melt it and the butter in an old whiskey glass in the microwave then pour it in with the other stuff.

Comment

Never tried the special coffee, I just drink mine black with a squirt of liquid sucralose. I can see the benefit of mixing in some MCT's with it though since your body pretty much has no use for them other than to burn for energy I can see how it would go great with a morning coffee to give you a kick in the pants. I might try that for a pre-workout actually.

Comment

Brain octane is simply MCT oil.

You can find it for half that price on Amazon. I pay about $25 for a quart of MCT oil there. It lasts me 4-6 weeks. Watch the levels in it when you buy, not all are equal. Presently using some stuff from "Left Coast" https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Dr. Jason Fung has a bunch of info on fasting.

Comment

Man, I set up my goals at 1660 calories and I was fairly short on it today without feeling hungry for more than about an hour before lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                    Dr. Jason Fung has a bunch of info on fasting.
                    https://intensivedietarymanagement.com
                    Yes he does.

So does Dr Rhonda Patrick. She has a ton of fascinating info.

Comment

Yesterday's weight was down to 170.6 and today's is down to 168.4. That is a total of 4.4 lbs in 2 days, which is pretty normal from what I hear. It is primarily water weight, but I can notice a small difference in appearance already. (The small little "hangover" above my belt is a little firmer) I would equate it with reduction in bloating.
                      Yesterday, I only had 1,311 of my 1,660 budgeted calories, and hunger was not an issue. This is non-typical for me, as a typical 1,660 calorie diet leaves me hungry for at least a couple hours before each meal. I had 22g of gross carbs, but a good bit of that was offset with the amount of fiber in those foods (10g) so my net was about 12g. I tested positive for moderate ketosis yesterday at mid day, so that didn't take long.

I doubt it was Keto related, but I slept horribly last night. Tossed and turned until about 0300 before getting to sleep and then a 0640 alarm. This isn't too unusual with my job... sleeping in a different time zone 20+ times a month on both AM and PM schedules kinda knocks out your circadian rhythm.

Comment

Food for yesterday.

Comment

So how are you "testing" you are in ketosis?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post

Most people pee on a strip.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post

Comment

You can order them off Amazon, they are cheap. The strips I order are $8 shipped for 100 IIRC.

Comment

Working...
                                X