The perfect lineman’s belt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
    I like it. Well done. Put together the marketing and start a business. I'll buy.
    Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
    Me too!!!
    Not to take away from LowFence because it is a great system and works extremely well, but this is not an uncommon system. Grab you some rock climbing rope, a Ropeman Ascender 1 or Kong Duck Ascender and you’ll have you a dange nice lineman’s belt for $60-$75 depending how much rope you get and the deal you find on the ascenders.

Comment

Nice set up you got there

Comment

You’re crazy!!

Comment

Gentlemen
          ???
          Why are you ordering rope online(local hardware stores...tractor supply, Ace hardware, Lowes, Homedepot) may have what you want without the shipping cost. Or they can order it for you. Just saying

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tiberiuswade View Post
            Gentlemen
            ???
            Why are you ordering rope online(local hardware stores...tractor supply, Ace hardware, Lowes, Homedepot) may have what you want without the shipping cost. Or they can order it for you. Just saying

How about a big no! Never use utility rope for life safety purposes. There is a reason climbing rope is expensive.

Comment

Need to rotate ur carabiners so the opening is on the outside. Prevents false locks, as u come from inside out to lock in.

Comment

How does it operate with one hand? Don’t you need to hold the tag end with one and adjust with the other?

Comment

Gentlemen
                  ???

Look at tensile strength of 12mm utility rope vs climbing rope. Big difference and much better quality on actual climbing rope.

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                  How does it operate with one hand? Don’t you need to hold the tag end with one and adjust with the other?
                  The ascender has a string loop which you pull to open the cleats and allow the rope to slide. Let it go when you’re comfortable and it grabs the rope on a dime. Need to tighten it up and get closer to the tree? Just grab your tag and pull. The ascender is a one-way slip. The only time you need to touch the ascender is when you need more slack.
                  Last edited by Sleepy; 02-27-2019, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Gentlemen
                    ???

Good question and I should have mentioned that

The utility “stuff” you can get at hardware stores in 1/2” has a working load of only 350.... but since you can’t splice it due to core material you must tie a knot. I HATE KNOTS, but a knot can reduce working load by 40%-60%... so I don’t consider it safe. Plus the amount of stretching and wear would be terrible.

1/2” double braided polyester rope has a tensel strength of over 8000 pounds, is spliceable (no knots) and retains all its strength.

I’m very rural but if you live near an REI, you can pick up rope and caribeners without shipping and maybe an assender. They were out at the one I had someone check for me.

Comment

If 3-more people wanted one they could order the predator rope and justify the shipping. I checked and I could order 1’ or a mile for the same price shipped. I’ve never handled it and am pretty new to splicing rope but everyone claims it is absolutely horrible to splice. Wes spur will splice it for you, like most rope stores will... for about $25-$30 per splice. Rope I used splices pretty easy. Still need gloves to “bury the end”.

I don’t think it’s worth the extra cost and hassle, but I haven’t run this one through the ringer yet. Should last years

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                            After collecting all the required components I got it assembled! And it works awesome!!! NO more flat seatbelt material that is always twisted and in a bind. No more Prusik knots to use both hands to adjust. NO MORE KNOTS, I hate knots, they are weak, heavy, bulky, and look like hell.

2 climbing grade aluminum caribeners and a ropeman 1 mechanical assender. About 9’ of climbing rope. Eye spliced on the end nice a sleek. All hardware weighs less than 1 of the factory steal caribeners. One hand adjustment both ways. Super light and very fast.

Most sadle hunters use a version of this but I never see one without huge knots on both ends. YouTube and some creative use of an old aluminum arrow to make a fid. Done
                            Thats nice but look into a Grillon.

Comment

That splice looks like the same technique I used to use to make wind-on leaders for big game fish - very strong indeed.

Comment

I'm glad that I will never need one of those, even though your craftsmanship is great. I'm too old and too scared of heights to even consider it. Hell it takes me 10 minutes to climb stairs to a tower blind.

Comment

Working...
                                X