No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa NWR 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well **** the luck, My bow blew up on me while practicing last week. Now I've got to get another setup by the 4th!

Comment

Originally posted by saggybows12 View Post
      What shoes do you guys normally wear out there? Snake boots, snake gaiters and hiking boots, regular gaiters and hiking boots, crocs, flip flops, flintstone it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I've used knee high (18") Irish Setters. They keep the water out, are light weight, and are easy to walk in, not to mention they provide protection up to your knee for snakes and briars.

Comment

I Facebook messaged LANWR and they confirmed orientation will be online again and a link will be sent out about a week before your hunt dates.

Comment

Originally posted by jbw899 View Post
          I Facebook messaged LANWR and they confirmed orientation will be online again and a link will be sent out about a week before your hunt dates.

Cool thanks

Comment

On the rifle hunts - has anyone heard anything about lead free ammo being required??

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JackRyan View Post
              On the rifle hunts - has anyone heard anything about lead free ammo being required??

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
              No, that’s a requirement at Hagerman but I’ve never heard of it at LANWR.

Comment

Anyone have a bike cart that I could rent for our weekend of November 4-8? Will be driving from Beaumont to down there so could pick up along the way.

Comment

Thanks jbw899. Anyone get a vehicle permit yet? Left in on the dash.

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
                    Anyone have a bike cart that I could rent for our weekend of November 4-8? Will be driving from Beaumont to down there so could pick up along the way.
                    You can borrow mine and I'm in your area.

Comment

Originally posted by JRKenyon86 View Post
                      My buddy and I drew 11/11-11/15. Pretty pumped. Got a cow Nilgai on Bahia Grande last year. Hoping to have success again.

I got drawn for Bahia Grande this coming feb 3-5. Any tips for that unit? Did you spot and stalk or set up a ground blind?

Comment

I borrowed a friends 300 WinMag for this hunt and just ordered some Federal Power Shok 180 grain bullets. I have had a heck of a time finding anything else in stock at that grain, plenty of 150's that likely would be fine, but wanted the extra just in case.

I picked up a cart for a bike a couple weeks ago, just need a bike now. I will likely take a game cart as well as I plan to get well off the beaten path.

I booked a room at Port Isla Inn from 11/17-11/20.

Looking forward to the hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by deerslay3r View Post
                          I borrowed a friends 300 WinMag for this hunt and just ordered some Federal Power Shok 180 grain bullets. I have had a heck of a time finding anything else in stock at that grain, plenty of 150's that likely would be fine, but wanted the extra just in case.

I picked up a cart for a bike a couple weeks ago, just need a bike now. I will likely take a game cart as well as I plan to get well off the beaten path.

Im in the same boat. I have a box 180 GMX but wanted to get some partitions based on what ive read.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman AB View Post
                            Im in the same boat. I have a box 180 GMX but wanted to get some partitions based on what ive read.
                            Originally posted by deerslay3r View Post

I bought some Barnes TTSX 180 grain through ammoseek.com a few weeks ago and it wasn't that much more with shipping than if I could have found it in a store so if you need ammo that would be an option.

Comment

Originally posted by Rounder View Post
                              I bought some Barnes TTSX 180 grain through ammoseek.com a few weeks ago and it wasn't that much more with shipping than if I could have found it in a store so if you need ammo that would be an option.
                              Ill def look again. Its been a few eeks since I checked. Thanks

Comment

Picked up a sweet little Air BNB in Los Fresnos for $61/night.

First time going on this hunt!

Comment

Working...
                                X