Sonora / Sutton County 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
    Had a pretty good rain on the 25th feeder pens where full of water. Had to be 1” or better.

We needed it! The weather looks promising for the week as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Faulkster View Post
      just curious how folks are recovering from the anthrax outbreak. Im kind of concerned. we are about 8 miles west and 12 miles south of town. We were starting to have some deer show back up then all of a sudden about mid June went to almost zero! We have not hunted since the outbreak, just keep all feeders going to help with the recovery.
      Rain. Pastures greened up. I noticed deer that were regular pulling off feeders some.

Comment

We finally got a good soaking rain!!!! Over 2” at the house, and there is still possibility of more the next several days!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
          We finally got a good soaking rain!!!! Over 2” at the house, and there is still possibility of more the next several days!!!!

Bisch

That’s great news! We needed it for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

Bisch

Thats awesome Bisch, with all the rain here lately the deer traffic has slowed down but owell - glad for the rain

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo V View Post
              Thats awesome Bisch, with all the rain here lately the deer traffic has slowed down but owell - glad for the rain
              Same here. Deer numbers on camera at feeders are way down from a few weeks ago. But that’s ok. I’m so happy everything is green again and they have fresh natural growth to eat.

Comment

We are heading that way this evening. My brother got to our place yesterday. Looks a lot different than a month ago.

Comment

That looks great Matt! I can’t wait to see that much green at my place!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                    We are heading that way this evening. My brother got to our place yesterday. Looks a lot different than a month ago.

Wow yeah that looks good!! Hope to see you put some spots down!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTrophyBowhunter View Post
                      Wow yeah that looks good!! Hope to see you put some spots down!

I have a feeling they are going to be hard to hunt with it this green. It’s a swamp here. Rained all night.

My brother smoked a pig with his bow yesterday before we got here.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                        I have a feeling they are going to be hard to hunt with it this green. It’s a swamp here. Rained all night.

My brother smoked a pig with his bow yesterday before we got here.

I hear ya! Congrats to your brother !! Fine eating

Comment

Well I guess it’s time to join the party here!

First off congrats to the folks….Bisch,BrianG,Stolle and TexasTrophyBowhunter on the successful kills thus far.

I have joined a place in Sutton county on a quest to take some exotics with my bow….mainly axis.

Looking forward to following along on this thread as the season progresses. I know the area has gone through really rough drought conditions this Summer but I’m betting some good whitetail still hit the ground.

Comment

Couple of piX of my view for the season and current setup.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by KingsX View Post
                              Couple of piX of my view for the season and current setup.

Awesome set up! Where about are you hunting?

Comment

Originally posted by KingsX View Post
                                Well I guess it’s time to join the party here!

First off congrats to the folks….Bisch,BrianG,Stolle and TexasTrophyBowhunter on the successful kills thus far.

I have joined a place in Sutton county on a quest to take some exotics with my bow….mainly axis.

Looking forward to following along on this thread as the season progresses. I know the area has gone through really rough drought conditions this Summer but I’m betting some good whitetail still hit the ground.

That’s a sweet set up.

Comment

Working...
                                X