Texas Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
    Anyone know what happened to Colorado bend, they really cut the hunts & permits #’s
    Not sure on the permits but saw they are only allowing processed feed (no corn) which is a change.

Also, their first youth GDE hunt dates are when the kids are still in school during the week so guessing that is incorrect.

Comment

Don't you know that a true hunter is suppose to practice abstinence during the months of January through April![emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-S901U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rounder View Post
        Not sure on the permits but saw they are only allowing processed feed (no corn) which is a change.

Also, their first youth GDE hunt dates are when the kids are still in school during the week so guessing that is incorrect.

My son “had” to miss 4 days of school last year for his big bend mule deer hunt it was Monday - Thursday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm new to all this draw jazz, I get all the points and hoo-blah. Is the Granger PHL draw actually just a PHL zone that you get drawn to have access for the season? Judging by it being archery only with a nearly 60% success it must be pretty populated?

Comment

Did my annual donation

Comment

Made my donation again. With the maximum 38 points cubed maybe I'll finally draw the chaparral.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                Made my donation again. With the maximum 38 points cubed maybe I'll finally draw the chaparral.

Hope-n the best for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post

If you don’t, I’m going to through a **** fit for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                    For Powderhorn, I wouldn't be going for the WT, it would be for the Sambar. But if they do more trapping this summer, I may not apply there due to the reduction in Sambar numbers...which is their goal.
                    Man, if their "Goal" was to eradicate then there would be an unlimited limit instead of 1 Sambar. I think they actually don't want them eradicated due to the already mentioned cash cow. I think they just say they want them eradicated because that is their "Mission"...

Just my .02

Comment

when will they draw for Hagerman?

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                        when will they draw for Hagerman?
                        Deadline is 9/1 and I'm pretty sure they draw like the next day. I looked back through my mail and I bought my permit on 9/3 last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakinthebox View Post
                          Man, if their "Goal" was to eradicate then there would be an unlimited limit instead of 1 Sambar. I think they actually don't want them eradicated due to the already mentioned cash cow. I think they just say they want them eradicated because that is their "Mission"...

Just my .02
                          Exactly. I'm in it for the exotics lol
                          Can kill a WT anywhere. I'll never get a big horn, prolly an aoudad. Axis taste good good. Nilgai too. Save the exotics!!!
                          Last edited by camoclad; 07-25-2022, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakinthebox View Post

Just my .02
                            I hear ya. But I think with 10K applicants, they won't be loosing the cash anytime in the near future. Both Chap & Powderhorn are on the same day & my son has his finals that week. Think I will put in for Powderhorn to get the points. at 17 now.

Comment

Do they not do the public hunt book anymore? I always enjoyed getting that!

Comment

Made my donation Sunday night, $191. Still got a few I'm thinking about. [emoji846]

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Working...
                                X