No announcement yet.

Prince of poachers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did he only poach deer? Or were other animals poached as well?

Comment

Deer, mule deer, nilgai, pronghorns and even mentioned shooting dogs and livestock

Comment

Originally posted by Saltaholic View Post
        Deer, mule deer, nilgai, pronghorns and even mentioned shooting dogs and livestock
        No alligators?

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
          isn’t passing it around kind of like poaching from the author? . Kind of ironic
          Sure is. But it’s ok when they do it. Lol

Comment

Bought a copy and just finished it. The stories were riveting. Enjoyable read for sure. Several times thru the book I wondered if he were using voice typing and never went back to check it. In a way, the grammatical and spelling mistakes made it all the more believable.

All in all - $18 well spent.

Comment

its a short book easy to read most of it is made up stuff some true I am guessing. But most just hot air. but I take it he did know the ranches and all the county roads

Comment

I know two of the guys mentioned in the book. Made me feel a little sketchy.... not much but a little.

Comment

My curiosity got the best of me and I bought a copy. I've heard some first hand accounts of poaching in that area, from that era, so it wasn't really anything shocking.

Anyway, I'm passing my copy to RTP, to read, and then he'll either return it to me or offer it up here for another copy to be circulated for anyone that wants to read it. If you do read it, sign the inside cover so we can see where it's been before you pass it to the next person.

As said before, it's an easy read. I think it took me about 3 hours.

Comment

I’d like to read it as well.

Comment

Is this book still being passed around? I feel like I was 4 or 5 on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephenc View Post
                        Is this book still being passed around? I feel like I was 4 or 5 on the list.
                        If so, it’s going very slowly.

May just buy myself a copy at this point.

Comment

If anyone has a copy they would let someone borrow id like to read it. Pm if so and thanks

Comment

I bought a copy and couldn’t put it down. Money well spent. Will buy part 2 also.

Comment

The book is as about pizz poor as him. Poorly written and one can tell it wasn't a lucrative high dollar book sale, just a fyi

Comment

Had a buddy send me this link, I remembered this thread. Big Honker podcast #168.

Entertaining.

Discover your favorite Podcasts from a variety of categories including Daily News, Music, Business, True Crime, Comedy, Politics and more. Listen to Podcasts on Pandora.

Comment

Working...
                                X