X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
    Flagged for what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sienfeld reference. George tries to return a book that he read while on the throne.

Comment

I know he has done bad things
      But don’t tell me y’all have never thought about being a professional poacher in your life
      And how productive and adrenaline fueled it would be
      I’m just saying !!!
      Don’t judge me guys

Comment

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
        I know he has done bad things
        But don’t tell me y’all have never thought about being a professional poacher in your life
        And how productive and adrenaline fueled it would be
        I’m just saying !!!
        Don’t judge me guys
        There’s always the vicarious thrill of seeing how the outlaw lives. I think that’s behind my curiosity as well.

This book only takes us through his first stint as an outlaw poacher. Apparently he reforms then relapses after a tough divorce and wrote a second book chronicalling that. Has anyone seen or read it?? I’m not sure it’s published yet but seems I saw it had just come out.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods Paul View Post
          There’s always the vicarious thrill of seeing how the outlaw lives. I think that’s behind my curiosity as well.

This book only takes us through his first stint as an outlaw poacher. Apparently he reforms then relapses after a tough divorce and wrote a second book chronicalling that. Has anyone seen or read it?? I’m not sure it’s published yet but seems I saw it had just come out.
          When it does, I'll buy it too.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Bought it, read it, enjoyed it. I’ll also buy Part 2 when it gets published.

Editing could have been much better as grammar was not very good but good enough to understand and read. Only thing I didn’t care for too much in the book was the parts where they would kill numerous good bucks, cape them, take the horns, and then leave everything else just wasting entire deer.

Comment

Read the book and honestly allot is very hard to believe... grammar is horrible it’s like reading a 100 page text message. I understand he changed his ways but the book is non stop bragging about breaking laws.

It’s entertaining for sure though and overall decent to kill some time

Comment

I would like to get it next

Comment

I sent the book the the first person on the list this week. I forgot to send it before I went on vacation.

Oddly enough i opened the mail box yesterday and thought the post office had sent the book back to me, but upon closer inspection that guy sent me another signed copy. Really weird, and I have no idea as to why he did. i was hoping it was part 2, but it is part one.

Comment

Put me in line

Comment

In the early 90's, my grandmother told that one of my cousins was the foreman of the King ranch. That was only two years before I was into hunting - ****. Definitely buying this book! lol

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                        Only thing I didn’t care for too much in the book was the parts where they would kill numerous good bucks, cape them, take the horns, and then leave everything else just wasting entire deer.
                        Isn't that just standard operating procedure for poachers?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I thought there was a law against someone making profit from past crimes, like selling books detailing what they did. Maybe I'm thinking of a different state?

Comment

I'm intrigued and going to order the book. The lifestyle of a professional poacher has to be amazing. I would liken it to the lifestyle of a moonshiner.

Comment

I got my free copy and this is one crazy book! I am only 50 pages into it.

Comment

there's really not much to poaching, if all you want is venison, not trophy heads. Bury a salt/mineral block, someplace that's miles from rancher or farmer salt blocks and offers a place to hang a snare horizontally, 6-7 ft in the air, depending upon the size of the deer, with an apple wired about a foot above the center of the cable loop. and where you have several trees in which you can put up a stand and a folding blind.

Some people go steal their salt blocks, as a matter of fact. Bait the burial with apples, carrots, etc, until you see signs of lots of deer use. Then they'll be back frequently for the salt. When you want venison, bait the site again. Be in the (covered) blind 2 hours before dawn, with a book to read, full camo, scent-control, and a little red light on the side of some eyeglasses. When you peak over the top-side of the blind at dawn, deer WILL be there.

Comment

Working...
                                X