No announcement yet.

Prince of poachers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just read the book today, very interesting as I hunted on the Kennedy in some of the paturure he poached, and some stuff strikes home and some has some major creative lies encountered

Comment

I will be sending the book to Chuy today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

the comments on that dudes FB are from one end to the other

Comment

I received my copy yesterday!

Comment

I messaged him on FB, but no offer of a free book. I am not interested in financially supporting a poacher.

Please put me in line for the pass around book.

Comment

The book is well worth the $17 and even ordering a few more for Christmas gifts. poacher ? yes. did he pay for his crimes? yes . so don't sentence him again for telling his story after all its pretty dang good book the guy had talent and his brother mentioned it to him several times in the book .

Comment

Originally posted by no bait View Post
                The book is well worth the $17 and even ordering a few more for Christmas gifts. poacher ? yes. did he pay for his crimes? yes . so don't sentence him again for telling his story after all its pretty dang good book the guy had talent and his brother mentioned it to him several times in the book .

So what did he get sentenced to?

Comment

I committed the sin of rewarding immorality and spent the $17 for the “book”- it’s really more like a high end magazine but cheaply printed. It’s got some interesting recounts of this guys’ crazy and dangerous exploits as a poacher of deer, Nalgai, antelope and exotics in south Texas, far west Texas, trans pecos, and the hill country. Whoever edited it either was under the influence or couldn’t pass a high school journalism class and is severely spelling challenged. Typo after typo.

That qualifier issued, its entertaining and confirms the extensive network of serious poacher networks there are in Texas. They are even loosely organized with monthly meetings and annual awards events! They have biblically rationalized their illegal antics in a “Robin Hood” vs the King- aka greedy elite ranch owners sort of attitude. Revenge for unfair system of private landowners limiting access for hunting “the people’s” wild game.

In the process, they apparently kill a lot more pedestrian / average bucks than Booners, at best caping them out and salvaging heads only in most cases. Also imply tie-in to local taxidermists in numerous cases in Texas.

Won’t give away more here in case you want to read it. If your conscience can abide it, as a lifelong hunter it’s a great expose of the dark side. This guy is no Daisy. He makes no effort to atone or apologize for youthful but sick episodes of vandalism, killing songbirds, wasting game/ meat, and theft. Suggest you not share with impressionable youngsters.
                  Last edited by Pineywoods Paul; 11-21-2018, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Someone please post what the punishment was

Comment

This book has been flagged.

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
                        This book has been flagged.

Flagged for what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                          Someone needs to copy the entire book, put it in a PDF and email it to everyone. Yeah, I think that’s fair. I personally don’t want the author to make a dime, screw him.
                          But yet you want to read his book

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
                            Charlie is an incredible taxidermist. Saw a Melanistic Fallow he did a couple years ago. WOW!
                            The copy I read was paper copied and stapled. I thought there was no way anyone would ever publish something like that... Guess I was wrong. The real accounts are wild, but I have to wander, how great could he have been if he would have just been a straight forward guide? For those who have read the published book, did it give names of any others who he "took in to hunt"? The rough draft listed a few.
                            Yes, he list real na.es of people who have died and a lot of first names of the other poachers.

There was an organized club that would hand out awards every year for the best deer poached.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                              So what happened to this guy when he was caught? Prison time? Or just financial fines?
                              Very little.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods Paul View Post
                                I committed the sin of rewarding immorality and spent the $17 for the “book”- it’s really more like a high end magazine but cheaply printed. It’s got some interesting recounts of this guys’ crazy and dangerous exploits as a poacher of deer, Nalgai, antelope and exotics in south Texas, far west Texas, trans pecos, and the hill country. Whoever edited it either was under the influence or couldn’t pass a high school journalism class and is severely spelling challenged. Typo after typo.

That qualifier issued, its entertaining and confirms the extensive network of serious poacher networks there are in Texas. They are even loosely organized with monthly meetings and annual awards events! They have biblically rationalized their illegal antics in a “Robin Hood” vs the King- aka greedy elite ranch owners sort of attitude. Revenge for unfair system of private landowners limiting access for hunting “the people’s” wild game.

In the process, they apparently kill a lot more pedestrian / average bucks than Booners, at best caping them out and salvaging heads only in most cases. Also imply tie-in to local taxidermists in numerous cases in Texas.

Won’t give away more here in case you want to read it. If your conscience can abide it, as a lifelong hunter it’s a great expose of the dark side. This guy is no Daisy. He makes no effort to atone or apologize for youthful but sick episodes of vandalism, killing songbirds, wasting game/ meat, and theft. Suggest you not share with impressionable youngsters.
                                I bought 3 copies. Stocking stuffers and I'm mailing one to a friend who knew him and whose family has property in Alice texas.

Keep in mind that back when he was poaching, a big deer was 170". There were no feeding programs going on then.

Comment

Working...
                                X