No announcement yet.

Darton & Stan R Were Right!!!!! Pic Heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We will see if I can train the deer around my place like you have your pets. [emoji12]

Got the kid’s blind skinned this evening.

Will finish the OSB interior and get all the exterior seams sealed up on the roof and walls this weekend.

Slow and steady...

Comment

hello mr seven point, meet miss molly!

Comment

Darton & Stan R Were Right!!!!! Pic Heavy

Got the OSB on the interior finished and had the kids pitch in to silicone the seams and paint.

Little man and I got the carpet on the side walls.

We will lay the floor carpeting and start on sealing up the exterior seams tomorrow.

Comment

Looking good! Can’t wait to see the final product!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Slow and steady may win the race but it sure makes for a long build....

Now that our rails and a shelf are installed with the carpet stretched, the interior is done.

After sanding all sides and the roof, three coats of paint should have her weatherproof.

There is framing for seven Deerview windows. This year we will have the one main 11.5”x36” window in front installed with one covered opening in front and back. Next year we will install more.

8’ 4 x 4 posts and braces are painted and ready to go.

Picked up an essential piece of the puzzle this afternoon.

More to come.

Comment

How much do you think that thing weighs?
              You got a crane on stand by[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

She’s solid but no crane necessary! She’ll slide right up on the flatbed trailer and the front end loader will get her up high enough to get the legs on....or that’s how it should go!

Comment

The main window is in and we are ready to take her to the woods. Better late than never.

Comment

Looking good!!

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Just read all through this post. Awesome place.

Comment

Micah,

Do the hogs not bother your protein or corn feeders? I figured they would be all over them without pens.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcav View Post
                            Micah,

Do the hogs not bother your protein or corn feeders? I figured they would be all over them without pens.

Knock on wood but in the last 18 months I’ve had one hog on camera. Hoping that holds.

Comment

I’m new to TBH and just stumbled upon this post today. Incredible read. The stories. The pictures. Absolutely amazing to see the progress on your place in such a short period of time. You’ve definitely earned a lot of sweat-equity. Not to mention the incredible memories with your kids. Doing the same is high on my list of priorities. I’ve got a 5 year old son and a 6 month old daughter. He’s sat in the stand with me since he was 3, but I dream of having a place of our own to hunt on and make memories. We lost two leases this year due to the properties being sold. I’m fortunate enough to have a couple setups at the in-laws to hunt this year, but having a place that is mine and not be beholden to a landowners whims is something I strongly desire. This thread has truly been an inspiration. I look forward to seeing the continued progress and memories made. Thank you so much for sharing.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                                X