No announcement yet.

Darton & Stan R Were Right!!!!! Pic Heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep kid activities will def cut into deer time. Season will be here soon so be ready to get those plots rolling.

Comment

Looking good Booner. Start warming up. Season is coming on fast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree! Season will be upon us before we know it.

Looking through my pics a little closer and I see this guy hanging out away from the feeder.

He’s got some good tine length already. Looking at the date, he’s got about a month left to put on more inches. I look forward to seeing how he finishes out.

Comment

Good group of bucks coming in for sure! Aaannddd, you've still got that stud of 10 lurking out there close by. I'm ready to see what he looks like this year, in the back of your truck, because your daughter just blasted him! Also, I don't know who that guy was, standing down by your utv, but he looks a little suspect to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Split_Brow View Post
            Also, I don't know who that guy was, standing down by your utv, but he looks a little suspect to me.
            You definitely need to keep an eye on that fella

Looks like the kids have several options to choose from this season! Looking forward to how it all shakes out

Comment

Originally posted by wingnut View Post
              The new stand is looking good! I love the split g2s on that one buck! Season is just around the corner!

I am wondering if this split G2 buck is the same as I had on camera last year.

This year:

Last year:

The buck from this year looks like it will have a narrower spread but it is still early. I look forward to seeing what he turns into in early September! This is what makes land ownership rewarding. I don’t have to worry about lease mates not getting on board with our management plan. My neighbors hunt but won’t make a dent in the mature buck population.

The kids and I are really enjoying getting to know the resident herd! More to come.

Comment

Got up to the Hilltop this past weekend to get the food plots mowed and sprayed. A little tractor time is good for the soul!

Met the firewood and propane delivery guys so we are all set for heat at the place for the next few seasons.

Thinking about converting this silo into a unique blind. I have a great spot in mind for her but this will be one of next season’s project.

It has a 7’ diameter and is 10.5’ tall at the point where the side wall meet the roof. Plenty of room and plenty tall for a Hilltop shooting shack.

Have a few pics of contestants in the “Molly’s First Buck” contest:

Looking forward to getting her on one of these guys.

Was stacking firewood and ran across a P&Y praying mantis. [emoji51]

Will be back up to disc and plant after the dove opener. More to come.
                Last edited by Booner Sooner; 08-21-2019, 08:39 PM.

Comment

I’ve pretty much shut down ranch operations the last two weeks because of the heat. Good to see that someone has more determination than me

Comment

Everything is looking good Micah!

Comment

Great photos and best of luck this year.

Rwc

Comment

The kids are going to have a ball this year!

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                          I’ve pretty much shut down ranch operations the last two weeks because of the heat. Good to see that someone has more determination than me
                          If I had any sense I’d do the same! [emoji15]

Originally posted by Darton View Post
                          The kids are going to have a ball this year!
                          Indeed. They already have visions of sugarplums dancing in their heads....

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                          Great photos and best of luck this year.

Rwc
                          Thank you, Sir. You as well.

Originally posted by Split_Brow View Post
                          Everything is looking good Micah!

Thanks, Cody. I’m looking forward to seeing how the fiberglass tank blind turns out!

Comment

Many thanks to Shake N’ Bake for doing the Euro on Will’s first buck! Turned out great. I really enjoyed lunch!

This next season I’m pretty sure no buck, big or small will be safe while Will is toting the .223 or crossbow but that’s how it is supposed to be at this stage. [emoji51]

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                              Many thanks to Shake N’ Bake for doing the Euro on Will’s first buck! Turned out great. I really enjoyed lunch!

This next season I’m pretty sure no buck, big or small will be safe while Will is toting the .223 or crossbow but that’s how it is supposed to be at this stage. [emoji51]
                              He looks happy! I'm glad he liked it!

Comment

Was able to have some alone time with Momma at the Hilltop this weekend. Drinking coffee on the porch in the morning while it rains and watching does who are have breakfast at the feeder is really nice by itself but it goes to the next level when it’s your place.

Pulled cards while we were there.

Protein feeder is out so we are done with protein for this year. This was my first year to feed protein and I am thankful that I had the CoonHoods installed. If I fed through December they would have paid for themselves in this first year.

I will begin a blind building project this week with the goal of getting it in prior to the opener. I’ve assembled the materials over the last month or so.

Last season was our first and we had very few sets in place. This year we’ve got three so far. The impending blind will be large enough for three of us so our 4th spot is likely to be popular.

Was able to address accommodations as well this weekend by getting the bunk beds I built last month put up.

Two more beds at the place opens the playbook for the kids bringing friends to the Hilltop.

More to come.

Comment

Working...
                                X