No announcement yet.

Help With Hair Thinning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because of my head shape, if I shaved it I'd look like one of those evil genius aliens from the cartoons. Although it is now all gray/white, I'm fortunate to have pretty much a full head of hair at 62. (but I can't grow a decent beard)

Comment

im 55 and come from a family of balding gens . my brother went bald in his 20`s at 30 mine started receding and thinning went to the doc and was prescribed propecia and it works it slows the thinning down to a crawl . it is expencive but there is a cheaper med with the same drug in it as propecia and is much cheaper ( finasteride) ahs to be prescribed by your doc its not over the counter. mine still thins as I get older but its real slow doing so . the rogain only works for the top and back not the front. good luck

Comment

maybe ask jason witten what his rug costs.....

Comment

Just embrace it.

Comment

I started using Finasteride (Propecia) when I was 22 after my hair started thinning. I used it for around 9 years (stopping on occasion before/after my wife was pregnant). It stopped the thinning and now I don't take it anymore. My dermatologist said my results are somewhat typical. (i.e. stops additional loss, no re-growth, eventually able to stop taking it)

You can read all sorts of different articles online for the benefits/drawbacks; mine is just one anecdotal story.

Comment

You’re not alone...

Comment

I've heard of guys successfully using Rogaine on their face in order to grow a better beard.

Comment

Just let it happen. Nature wins every time.

Comment

There is always the beard combover.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by Hoggslayer; 07-10-2019, 03:03 PM.

Comment

You ever notice that the guys with hair all over there back are usually bald. No hair on my back. I still look like I did when I was 20 studley

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Sucks that Saltwater was annoyed with the conversation I was hoping for some input. No help on the product but my 2 cents is embrace it and shave it when needed.If you have it and if it’s gray ..well ..you have it who cares what anyone thinks.

Comment

I started getting the racing stripes on the sides, so I started shaving it down to the skin and grew a full beard. For some reason I’ve noticed people don’t really want to approach a guy with a beard and a skin bald head. But the ladies like it

Comment

So if you use MOgain would you grow an afro ?

Comment

I’m also 27. My hair was was thinning in high school. I just embraced it and shaved it all off my sophomore year of college. Best decision ever. My wife loves it. I just hope all the rest falls out soon so I don't have to mess with it. I shave in the shower probably once a week. I really do enjoy being bald

Comment

There are a lot of new things on the horizon. I shaved 20 years ago, but your mileage may vary. Here are some good sources.

Featured Articles The Best News in The Industry Article Feed For A List Of All Recent Articles Click Here As Seen In The New Yorker InStyle Trends in Biotechnology Next Previous Connect with Us Let’s Talk, Socially

This Dr. can help with an online process.
                                Dr. Alan J. Bauman provides a compassionate hair loss treatment with a unique approach to restoring a healthy hair and scalp. Contact us today!

Comment

Working...
                                X