No announcement yet.

2019 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope for Tan's sake, and yalls relationship that he can get back at it, hahaha.

It was a bittersweet weekend for us. I barely got to watch much baseball, but was proud of the kiddos for showing up and playing decent against really good competition. Jax has seemed to fit in well with this group, but still can't find his bat. He pitched well, played left field. Then played SS, second and Center for the Sunday games.

Really missed an opportunity to see Brock and J out there. I was really looking forward to saying hi.

I took driving duty, since the baseball games were about 15 mins. from the house. Volleyball was down in East Dallas with my Daughter. At least baseball is outside and can be somewhat therapeutic at times. There's nothing therapeutic about 6+ straight hours in a warehouse.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
      Hope for Tan's sake, and yalls relationship that he can get back at it, hahaha.

It was a bittersweet weekend for us. I barely got to watch much baseball, but was proud of the kiddos for showing up and playing decent against really good competition. Jax has seemed to fit in well with this group, but still can't find his bat. He pitched well, played left field. Then played SS, second and Center for the Sunday games.

Really missed an opportunity to see Brock and J out there. I was really looking forward to saying hi.

I took driving duty, since the baseball games were about 15 mins. from the house. Volleyball was down in East Dallas with my Daughter. At least baseball is outside and can be somewhat therapeutic at times. There's nothing therapeutic about 6+ straight hours in a warehouse.
      Sometimes that climate control is worth it's weight though lol.

Jax looked great pitching Saturday, other than 1 hiccup he struck 3 out in the first and was solid the rest of the game.

Brock couldn't hit a **** beach ball right now and it's frustrating. He looks great in the cage, it's just not carrying over to live pitching right now at all.

He pitched great Sunday morning though, he's never pitched on a Sunday before and never thrown more than 1 inning so going 3 against a good team was big for him. 1 hit, 1 walk, 4ks and gave up a run. But he's gotta get that bat going.

The 8s won a modified kid pitch tourney, which is where I was for 12 hours yesterday. Logan had a couple hits, 1 was a rocket, but struck out looking a couple times too, it was a good learning experience.

Sorry we couldn't hook up but I'm sure we will see you guys around this spring.
      Last edited by jshouse; 02-25-2019, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
        Sometimes that climate control is worth it's weight though lol.

Jax looked great pitching Saturday, other than 1 hiccup he struck 3 out in the first and was solid the rest of the game.

Brock couldn't hit a **** beach ball right now and it's frustrating. He looks great in the cage, it's just not carrying over to live pitching right now at all.

He pitched great Sunday morning though, he's never pitched on a Sunday before and never thrown more than 1 inning so going 3 against a good team was big for him. 1 hit, 1 walk, 4ks and gave up a run. But he's gotta get that bat going.

The 8s won a modified kid pitch tourney, which is where I was for 12 hours yesterday. Logan had a couple hits, 1 was a rocket, but struck out looking a couple times too, it was a good learning experience.

Sorry we couldn't hook up but I'm sure we will see you guys around this spring.
        I spoke with Godwin during our last game against you guys! He said that Sunday matchup was a beautiful game to watch. Pitching duel at its finest.

Also found out through talking with an old teammate who is on that Godwin team, that they are only using wood bats during BP and cage time.

I'm wondering after this weekend, if that is not a better route to go?

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
          I spoke with Godwin during our last game against you guys! He said that Sunday matchup was a beautiful game to watch. Pitching duel at its finest.

Also found out through talking with an old teammate who is on that Godwin team, that they are only using wood bats during BP and cage time.

I'm wondering after this weekend, if that is not a better route to go?
          Yeah their kid went 6 innings, 45 strikes on 63 pitches, gave up 1 hit and had 9ks! I was watching on game changer and texted a dad that was there and asked him if Nolan was pitching for them lol.

It's tough when you lose a game 2-0 and get 1 hit.

I agree on the wood bats. They definitely hit the ball well against us in Saturday. I bought both my boys wood bats last fall with plans on using them all winter and between basketball and life we didn't really get much baseball in.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
            Yeah their kid went 6 innings, 45 strikes on 63 pitches, gave up 1 hit and had 9ks! I was watching on game changer and texted a dad that was there and asked him if Nolan was pitching for them lol.

It's tough when you lose a game 2-0 and get 1 hit.

I agree on the wood bats. They definitely hit the ball well against us in Saturday. I bought both my boys wood bats last fall with plans on using them all winter and between basketball and life we didn't really get much baseball in.
            This is exactly what happened to us - luckily we had a blast with basketball, and had a great season. But between that cheer and volleyball - I'm running out of ways to create time, lol.

Comment

Got to the ballpark at 8:00 AM yesterday for the 9:00 AM pool game of our Sunday only. Pulled out of there at 9:30 PM after losing the championship 4 to 0. Nothing like ripping the bandaid off for the 1st tourney of Spring

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
                Got to the ballpark at 8:00 AM yesterday for the 9:00 AM pool game of our Sunday only. Pulled out of there at 9:30 PM after losing the championship 4 to 0. Nothing like ripping the bandaid off for the 1st tourney of Spring
                Haha - aint that the truth

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post

Comment

The rain has kept up off our practice field all but two days since we started this spring. We faced some decent pitching and hit okay, but you could definitely tell our fielding is way behind. Just sloppy, sloppy, sloppy...

Onward and upward.

Comment

I don’t know if you guys realize it but y’all are really doing a crappy job of posting Action pictures this year

Comment

I know![emoji16]

Logan's first hit yesterday morning...

https://youtu.be/CcFzjmoTB7A

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Brock couldn't hit a **** beach ball right now and it's frustrating. He looks great in the cage, it's just not carrying over to live pitching right now at all..
                          This is Tanner as well... smoking hot in cage .. because of his size and he likes to crowd the plate....his strikezone has been hard for pitchers to get to...and hes gotten used to waiting for the walks..but now has become a perfect strike watcher.. and then panics with 2 on him...
                          No idea how to fix it. Something hes gotta work out?

Comment

Love the pics guys!
                            I was GC guy..so i dont get any chances to take many pics anymore..

Still got his pic from a year ago in the concession stand at scrapyard..

Also..got this one couple hours ago after the doc told him he was completely released to throw the ball again...
                            Last edited by systemnt; 02-25-2019, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                              Love the pics guys!
                              I was GC guy..so i dont get any chances to take many pics anymore..

Still got his pic from a year ago in the concession stand at scrapyard..
                              That's awesome. I guess they just have to work it out, I'm not sure. Brock is actually swinging, and swinging hard he's just missing it right now. He also fouls a few off almost every at bat. Hopefully they can get it figured out...

Comment

That's absolute greatness!

Comment

Working...
                                X