2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
    I still use Mono, tried the braid for a summer and cussed it the whole time. Back to mono I went. I just use plain ol clear 14 lb Sufix.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I have some discontinued mono that has a strand of braid in the middle. It is some awesome strong line. PM me your address and I’ll send you a roll to try.

Michael

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
      I have some discontinued mono that has a strand of braid in the middle. It is some awesome strong line. PM me your address and I’ll send you a roll to try.

Michael

Heck never even knew they made it
      ... PM coming! Thank you!

Comment

I’ve been a braid guy for many years. Plain ol’ power pro. The strength and sensitivity compared to mono makes all the difference to me. I can tell you what kind of bottom it is with braid.

Comment

I have one reel with fins windtamer that I like. My 2 new reels have fluorocarbon on them. I bass fish around the house with fluorocarbon and haven’t had any problems with it.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            I’ve been a braid guy for many years. Plain ol’ power pro. The strength and sensitivity compared to mono makes all the difference to me. I can tell you what kind of bottom it is with braid.
            X2

Comment

Ive got Fins Windtamer 30lb on my reels. I really like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                I still use Mono, tried the braid for a summer and cussed it the whole time. Back to mono I went. I just use plain ol clear 14 lb Sufix.

Same as you except I am loyal to 15lb big game mono

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                  Needing to restring my reels for salt water fishing wonder what color monofilament line you guys are using. I've always used green but was just thinking about changing colors

I use green braid, have used power pro 20 lb and daiwa j braid 20 lb with good results. This year I’ll be trying out fins windtamer to see what the fuss is all about. You get way more feel and better action with braid. Throw some on and you can feel every little thing your lure is doing underwater.

Comment

power pro on my coffee grinders and have it on one curado. Probably gonna stay with mono on bait casters

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      I use a Falcon Coastal rod called “The Grinder” and it is my favorite rod I’ve tried. I own a tackle shop so I get them at a good price. Only rod I use.
                      Where are you located and do you ship? Send me a om if so. I don't have any real shops local. Always try to support TX guys.

Comment

It is respool day!!! I actually enjoy restringing my reels. I use the same technique today as I did twenty plus years ago (except I used mono then instead of fluorocarbon).

For all my inshore rigs I start with a 30-50 yard Yo-Zuri Hybrid 20# backer. Then I spool with 15 or 20# Hercules 8-strand braid and finish it off with a 3’ 20# Yo-Zuri fluorocarbon leader. All knots are FG.

By the way, I am not sponsored by either company. I purchased these lines at retail and continue to use them because they perform great! The Hercules braid is very reasonably priced and is as good or better than the big name brands!!! How do you string your reels?

Comment

I buy the Hercules Braid from China. Takes a while to get here, but its been great quality the last few years. Have it on all my rods in either 10 or 15# I think I read it is the same factory as spiderwire.

I used spiderwire stealth before that and never had an issue. Also have Power Pro 20# Lake Charles Tackle spooled on a new reel for me and it has been great as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                            It is respool day!!! I actually enjoy restringing my reels. I use the same technique today as I did twenty plus years ago (except I used mono then instead of fluorocarbon).

For all my inshore rigs I start with a 30-50 yard Yo-Zuri Hybrid 20# backer. Then I spool with 15 or 20# Hercules 8-strand braid and finish it off with a 3’ 20# Yo-Zuri fluorocarbon leader. All knots are FG.

By the way, I am not sponsored by either company. I purchased these lines at retail and continue to use them because they perform great! The Hercules braid is very reasonably priced and is as good or better than the big name brands!!! How do you string your reels?

Was typing my reply, page refreshed and saw your post. I also love the Hercules braid. I use the camo. I don't care what the fish think, it looks cool.

And the Blue camo braid looks pretty sweet as guide wrapping thread..

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                              I buy the Hercules Braid from China. Takes a while to get here, but its been great quality the last few years. Have it on all my rods in either 10 or 15# I think I read it is the same factory as spiderwire.

I used spiderwire stealth before that and never had an issue. Also have Power Pro 20# Lake Charles Tackle spooled on a new reel for me and it has been great as well.

I buy mine from Amazon when they have it in their warehouse and get two-day free shipping.

Comment

Panhandlehunter I sent you a PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X