Found long-lost father yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post
    I keep coming back to this thread looking for an update!!!
    I assume you’re a Dad as well, I’m sure it would break your heart if you were in the same position as him, so many years later!!!

Wholesome goodness here tho!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can tell it breaks his heart that he wasn’t able to be there for me. It wasn’t his fault. I’m doing my best to reassure him. I grew up calling another man dad. He passed away ten years ago. This is taking some adjustment on my part but I am up to the task.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      Great attitude. And now you know how you will look in 25 years as well.

That thought kept running through my mind over and over again.

Comment

Originally posted by ecfire1967 View Post
        I can tell it breaks his heart that he wasn’t able to be there for me. It wasn’t his fault. I’m doing my best to reassure him. I grew up calling another man dad. He passed away ten years ago. This is taking some adjustment on my part but I am up to the task.

Lots of us here think your story is totally cool. Keep us updated with hunting and fishing and good times stories you and your dad will have now, good luck.

Comment

I just have to believe that God will honor this reunion with His blessings!! Y'all seem to be going about it the right way! God Speed sir!

Comment

Such a cool story. I'd plan a hunting or fishing trip soon.

Comment

Glad it all worked out.

I had a ex-BIL that did the same thing. After the initial meetup, He told his dad to stop by and visit if he was ever in town. When he got back home, the dad was waiting in the driveway with a uhaul and all his stuff. It took him 6 months to finally run the guy off.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                Glad it all worked out.

I had a ex-BIL that did the same thing. After the initial meetup, He told his dad to stop by and visit if he was ever in town. When he got back home, the dad was waiting in the driveway with a uhaul and all his stuff. It took him 6 months to finally run the guy off.

Sad but kind of funny

Comment

Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                    Glad it all worked out.

ok thats funny right there

Comment

Feel good story of the year. Congrats to you and your dad. Hope everything thing continues down a smooth road and y’all can learn about each other’s past and make memories in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Benno View Post
                        Feel good story of the year. Congrats to you and your dad. Hope everything thing continues down a smooth road and y’all can learn about each other’s past and make memories in the future.

He lives in Roswell New Mexico. We communicate throughout the day on Facebook messenger. I’ve learned a lot about my heritage. This is my great grandparents. Chippewa

Comment

My brother in law recently did this and found his biological mother and started calling her mom and her children his brother/sister, caused a lot of mixed emotions in the family. My wife, who was also adopted, is really on the fence but leaning more toward not pursuing 23 and me. She put her info out there in some system years ago that basically matches you with your parents if they put their info out as well. She feels if they haven't pursued it too, then it aint meant to be.

Comment

Originally posted by deerslay3r View Post
                            My brother in law recently did this and found his biological mother and started calling her mom and her children his brother/sister, caused a lot of mixed emotions in the family. My wife, who was also adopted, is really on the fence but leaning more toward not pursuing 23 and me. She put her info out there in some system years ago that basically matches you with your parents if they put their info out as well. She feels if they haven't pursued it too, then it aint meant to be.

Everyone needs to do what is in their hearts. But my personal opinion is pre-judging situation could cause you to miss out on something special. I went into this with no expectations. I also began my search for him with no expectations. Even now I am letting this unfold, again with no expectations.

Comment

this is great stuff. I have been on the fence for 20 years about looking up my biological mom. She disappeared out of my life when I was 4 and I grew up with a stepmom that I call my mom. Glad your search is working out for you so far.

Comment

Great story and great news.

Comment

Working...
                                X