Bad day mowing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know that feeling

Sucked up what I thought was a giant extension cord with the brush hog last summer. Luckily it turned out to be a rope. Easily cut out with pocket knife

Comment

Could be worse…..

I’ve done it with a 10’ Kuhn mower. Had to take every hat off. Good thing it was only 104 degrees that day

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
        Could be worse…..

I’ve done it with a 10’ Kuhn mower. Had to take every hat off. Good thing it was only 104 degrees that day
        Was cutting an unfamiliar hay pasture with a Kuhn and found a cattle panel someone tossed aside.

Comment

Originally posted by Katsaregood View Post
          Was cutting an unfamiliar hay pasture with a Kuhn and found a cattle panel someone tossed aside.
          If you ever find a hammock…. You will invent cuss words

Comment

At least it wasn't a beagle.

Comment

No words.....

Comment

I found a roll that my grandpa probably threw in the brush 30 years ago.

It worked it's way up enough it would've been a real bad day when we shredded this year. Glad to have caught it

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                  Fence pliers or side cutters to the rescue. Someone didn't pick everything up when they were through.
                  Yep, you need to know what is in your pastures, before you mow.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    At least it wasn't a beagle.
                    I remember that. Sad deal

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                      Could be worse…..

Been there, done that. Lucky for me, we have few, huge Oak/Pecan trees in our hay fields. We can work in the shade.

Randy

Comment

It is for this and other reasons that leaving detritus behind in a pasture will get you hung without a trail on our place. Further, all who work or recreate there are trained to stop and pick up anything—bones, barbed wire, netting, balloons (yes, it seems like our place is where release balloons go to die), etc.—that could ruin the blades of a shredder and dispose of it properly. No problem exceptions, no excuses.

Comment

Ya'll need to try mowing county drainage ditches with a 16' batwing.You'd never believe the things people throw across their fences.

Comment

#asswhip

Comment

Easy peasy. Put tractor in reverse and it will uncoil the whole mess.

Comment

A mortgage company hired me to mow several acres of raw land that was severely overgrown. It wasn’t until long after a blade on the mower getting entangled and wrapped in barbed wire that I learned that the wire had been intentionally placed all over the property. A man living in one of the nearby houses warned me that he observed a number of teenagers unrolling long lengths of barbed wire. They had placied the wire down low in the tall grass and weeds to hide it from whoever mowed the property.

Comment

Working...
                                X