The NHL Season Starts Today!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The NHL Season Starts Today!!

A shortened 56 game season but not in any bubble at this point. Divisions have been realigned into more geographical groups so it limits some of the travel. All of the Canadian teams are in one division due to the border travel bans.

Only 3 teams will have a limited number of fans in their arenas for games, the Stars are one of the teams. If the virus calms down and states relax some of their restrictions then maybe some other teams will open their doors to fans. We can only hope.

There have been 27 COVID positive players across the NHL in the training camps. The Stars had 17 of them! They postponed their opening game. Eight other teams had positive players. Most have been asymptomatic.

Happy to see this season get started!

Go Stars!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm ready for the Stars to get going! I don't know why they didn't all go get the **** virus over the off season.

Either way, I'll be ready when they drop the puck!

Comment

Stars have 17 players on COVID quarantine....hopefully not too long of a delay and everyone is OK and healthy. Its going to compress their schedule, though, making it all that much more difficult.

Comment

It is crazy. They have 17 and those are just the ones since the first of the year. Dobby talked about how he had the COVID in offseason and said it was pretty hard on him.

Comment

Stars Hockey tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              Stars Hockey tonight!

It's about time!!!! Excited to see what this campaign holds for them. Hoping Dobby moving into the full-time starting role doesn't affect him to bad. Hopefully the rookie can find his game legs quick when Dobby needs a rest 56 games in 108 games gonna be tough especially when every game matters.

Go STARS!!!!

Comment

The offense is still going to be challenged. Hopefully some of the rookies will make things happen. I am worried about Dobby having to carry the load. He is good for what he is but not sure he can be the man.

Comment

Stars Hockey tonight!

We disagree on this. I respect the players, but am completely indifferent on hockey. Good athletes!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                    We disagree on this. I respect the players, but am completely indifferent on hockey. Good athletes!!!!!!!
                    It's ok for you to be wrong occasionally.

Up 5-0, on a 5 goal 2nd. Power play is red hot, and Dobby is in great form.

Jamie Benn took an awkward shot to the knee that had the look of a lengthy rest.

Comment

It's ok for you to be wrong occasionally.

Up 5-0, on a 5 goal 2nd. Power play is red hot, and Dobby is in great form.

Jamie Benn took an awkward shot to the knee that had the look of a lengthy rest.
                      Thats what my wife tells me.....is Gretzky still playing?

Comment

Talk about a positive start!

And against effing Nashville at that!

Comment

I’m ready for us to get to a couple back to backs and see Oettinger in net.
                          It’s really too early for him and he should play another year or two in the AHL but he needs to play and not just sit, sitting is terrible for development.
                          My other concern is if playing him exposes him to the expansion draft or have they altered the rules slightly for COVID.

Comment

He will still be exempt. Don’t. After how much he plays. It goes by years after draft. I think he is ready to be the backup. Dobby will most likely be who gets picked by Seattle and he Oettinger will split time with Bishop.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                              You're missing out. The Stars run back in the late 90s was good times. Last year was really good too. I'm an admitted fair weather hockey fan though. I didn't watch much in the bad years.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X