Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020-2021 Panhandle Hunting Thread (8th Annual!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To dang hot! Be in the stand Thursday afternoon. Friday morning should be good!

Comment

My bucks have gone nocturnal during the heat. Too bad if they got in the sun they would be pre cooked.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

From what I can see on the cams, I agree. There are a few diehard does and fawns venturing out during daylight, but they're not in their summer reds anymore.

Before it got too hot, I had been seeing a mature 7 on cams that was a mature 6 last year. Hope one of the kids take him this year.

Best of luck, y'all.

Comment

Much slower movers to inGarza county this weekend. I saw a great 10 this am but he never came into the pen. I saw about half the deer I did last weekend. It was hot.

Comment

Is it really dry around clarendon?
            We head up next month, but hearing its crazy dry just wanted to ask a few of you guys up that way

Comment

The rain has been so spotty. Places 10 miles from us had rain but we have stayed totally dry for months. Its been hard sneaking into the blind because the grass is so crunchy.

Comment

Hunted in Lakeview last night and this morning. Last night I missed a coyote at 30 yds somehow. Today I walked into a group of pigs in the cotton. Only bout 10 yds from em but couldnt get a shot. I loaded my bow and shined my light but could only see their ears. Then they caught my wind.
                Then the big 8 weve been after walked into the feeder at 0650 and and wandered around but no corn and then walked right in front of me close enough i could spit on him to some water, then south of me. It was so dark i could barely see him so quiet i had a hard time getting my binos on him. Then i couldnt stand up to shoot. Waited on the feeder he never came back. Saw 2 muley does and 2 wt does. Then after 9 i got down to check cameras and that **** buck ran right by me at 20 yds back north

Comment

Hopefully he did spook bad and will be back next week. Hang in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
                    Hopefully he did spook bad and will be back next week. Hang in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    yes sir he didn't have any idea I was there. there were some guys stripping cotton prolly scared him.

Comment

Hopefully this weekend will be good to the Panhandle hunters.

Good luck

Comment

headed up this weekend to get a first look at my cams and get a couple sits in. Saturday looks hot sunday morning looks to be near perfect!

Comment

i'm heading back out to hunt Saturday evening and sunday morning. hoping that big 8 makes another appearance a bit later in the morning or this big lop eared muley weve seen on camera also. trying to get one of these bucks on the ground before my neighbors starts rifle hunting and get the animals stirred up.

Comment

Good luck! Few more weeks till I can get back up.

Comment

Saw 10 does this morning no bucks. Don't think the wind is going to settle down until after dark

Comment

I sit my personal best buck yesterday morning. He and about 10 other deer got in the pen at 6:35. I have never been so glad for a feeder set at 7:30 and the sun coming up at 7:15. He was guarding the feeder when the broadhead blew through his shoulder and cut the bottom of his heart off. 50 yards later he was dead. Nothing More tense than the time between the shot and finding a big buck.

Comment

Working...
                                X