Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020-2021 Panhandle Hunting Thread (8th Annual!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good hunting everyone!
    Working graveyards until the 8th but will be hunting a 4 day weekend after that. Gonna be a little toasty!

Comment

Out this morning near McLean, already passed a mature 8. To early in season to be done. Hoping another doe or pig will come through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In from Garza. 4 of the lease members hunting. 2 pigs, 2 dies down already. Tons of game moving this am

Comment

Good luck to all. We will wait to hunt this evening or possibly tomorrow. Waiting on good wind

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Dodson View Post
            Out this morning near McLean, already passed a mature 8. To early in season to be done. Hoping another doe or pig will come through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I was right down the road from you this morning on the Gray/ Wheeler line. Pretty slow on our place but the kids were going WILD lol

Comment

We decided to give it a try this evening.

I get to...

Comment

On stand in Hall County. Skunked yesterday and nothing so far this morning. Wind just changed a couple hours earlier than it was supposed to. Grr... Pulling cards today.

God's favor on you on this Lord's Day. Shoot straight and stay safe.

Comment

Definitely a tough weekend to bow hunt in the panhandle. I do not recall wind switching directions so frequently over such a short period. I guess it beats 95 degrees. Slow weekend for sure.

Comment

Saw bunch deer this weekend. None of the hit list bucks showed up.

Comment

Our lease in Garza was a petting zoo most of the weekend. I saw over 30 deer in 3 sits. My lease group killed 2 does, 7 pigs and 2 turkeys. One surprise (zero pictures) buck went down this am. I will let the owner of it tell the story. It was a monster. Overall a great first weekend hunting and having fun. We definitely need rain. Animals were racing to eat the corn and bullying each other in the pens. I actually saw 2 3 year old bucks weave through cattle to the feeder this morning. That is a new one for me.

Comment

Motley county was pretty slow as a whole for us, killed 5 dogs saw few small bucks and does. also passed a pretty nice muley that I hope I won’t regret.

Comment

Garza County. Saturday morning had about 10 separate deer come through but no sizeable bucks. Saturday evening was so windy I got out of the tripod I was in and just sat on the ground and only saw 1 Doe off in the distance. Only entertainment I had was watching a buzzard try to fly north he got pushed backwards and he may have ended up down in the Gulf of Mexico. This morning no one on the property saw anything at all it was very strange.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by ATXRaider83; 10-04-2020, 03:38 PM.

Comment

We hunted Wheeler and Gray this weekend. Several does and young bucks seen. This morning was the best movement, looked at one of our bucks that we were on the bubble about his age. None of the hit listers made an appearance.

Comment

Looking forward to good updates. I plan to be up there the first 10 days or so in November.

Comment

No one out this weekend? This thread got slow fast.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X