Out of windage adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of windage adjustment

Trying to get my DNA set up for a pig hunt, so I switched over to my 300 spine fmj’s with a 50gr insert, arrow flight was all Over the place. Had it checked out. Timing was off a little (1.5 twists), got all that set. Was shooting bullet holes when I left the shop. Got home to sight it in got my elevation set, moved to my windage & im out of room on my sight. Shooting to the right about 4” with no more room any ideas?

Move the rest

Comment

Something not right...

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
        Move the rest
        Wouldn’t moving my rest change the arrow flight? It shoots bullet holes now. Didn’t want to move the rest unless I absolutely had to.

Comment

Something is off. If any component is maxed out something is wrong. Vane contact, rest timing, cam timing, can lean, arrow spine. Something is off

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
            Something is off. If any component is maxed out something is wrong. Vane contact, rest timing, cam timing, can lean, arrow spine. Something is off
            I know but I can’t figure it out. Powered vanes to check for contact. No contact. Trophy taker smack down pro, cam timing was off, 1.5 twist got it back in time, no cam lean at rest or full draw, arrow flight is good.

Comment

I’ll see if I can make this make sense...

If you nock an arrow, and look over top of bow. Can you center the arrow in the limb bolts? Or is the arrow pointing left or right some?

This is with bow at rest of course

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                I’ll see if I can make this make sense...

If you nock an arrow, and look over top of bow. Can you center the arrow in the limb bolts? Or is the arrow pointing left or right some?

This is with bow at rest of course
                I’ll check this in the morning. I’m at a sleep study right now for one of my kiddos

Comment

I just had the same thing happen. I took it to the shop and they moved the sight housing around where it attaches with a bunch of Allen heads. I’m a new so I hope that’s clear. My sight is spot hog grinder.

Comment

Form?

I occasionally catch myself torquing the grip and it will throw my shots left

Drop away may hide the effects that torquing would have on arrow flight if you are shooting one

Comment

Figured it out. Stupid me!! Just needed to swap the bracket on the sight housing around to give me more adjustment 🙄🙄

Comment

Glad it’s all fixed!

Was it sighted in before? Or new sight?

Comment

Those spot hoggs have a spacer that can be put in and taken out. Took me a while to figure that out.

Comment

Working...
                          X