Health Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
    Of course I am. That’s why I asked what people do for a living to have insurance that high. Are they self employed, retired at an early age, or working for a company and the insurance provided is that high?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ours is a little over $1500 a month for my wife, son and I. She is a school teacher and we are on her insurance. I am self employed. Every year it cost more and coverage and out of pocket is less. We at paying for the uninsured and the things Obama care forced on the insurance companies. I do not know how a single parent teacher can afford it and pay rent , car , insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
      I looked at Liberty Share and they had excellent reviews but stuck with my work insurance.
      I'm using Liberty Healthshare right now without any issues. I lost my job last year and had to pay for Blue Cross Blue Shield myself. I was paying $1,500/month for my wife, my son, and myself. With Liberty Healthshare, I pay $399/month and have an annual unshared amount of $1,500 ($500 per person.) Once I reach that amount, everything is covered 100% (up to $1,000,00 per incident with the "Liberty Complete" plan I have.)

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
        such as?
        Excludes pre existing conditions, so if you have a health history, it's no good. It's a per occurrence deductible, so you are out 500 ( or whatever level) per each incident. The lower levels cap the maximum. There are a few other quirks, but that's the main ones

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
          Your premiums are $1,100 a mo? What is your company subsidizing? Is that the only option you have thru work?
          My monthly premiums today are a little over $950/month. Starting 7/1 it is going to go up to over $1,100/month. I am on the Low Plan and the High Plan is about another $250 higher per month.
          Company states that they are doing a 65/35 split on covering costs.

Comment

We have some friends that are on one of the Christian group share plans and they like it. Basic visits are out of pocket but more expensive things are covered from what I understand.

Unless I’m self employed I’ll never take a job without good insurance again. My current company sucks so we switched to my wife’s insurance and it’s amazing. We are on the highest plan and for a family it’s $600 mo with really low deductible and max oop. Without good insurance I’d have to have a $15-20k bump in my base to equal out

Comment

Originally posted by KMO8204 View Post
              I'm using Liberty Healthshare right now without any issues. I lost my job last year and had to pay for Blue Cross Blue Shield myself. I was paying $1,500/month for my wife, my son, and myself. With Liberty Healthshare, I pay $399/month and have an annual unshared amount of $1,500 ($500 per person.) Once I reach that amount, everything is covered 100% (up to $1,000,00 per incident with the "Liberty Complete" plan I have.)
              That's good to hear !!!

Comment

Originally posted by brrdnk View Post
                Ours is a little over $1500 a month for my wife, son and I. She is a school teacher and we are on her insurance. I am self employed. Every year it cost more and coverage and out of pocket is less. We at paying for the uninsured and the things Obama care forced on the insurance companies. I do not know how a single parent teacher can afford it and pay rent , car , insurance.
                Hmmm
                HISD is around $550 per month for an entire family

I think I pay like $70 per month for my family
                And yes I work (contract) for a publicly traded company and have access to their group plan.
                As stated before I have clients in the medical/pharma industries.

I've also had clients in tech and e-comm and they had similar rates to HISD $400 to $500 per month for a family plan

I don't think I've ever seen a plan over $1k per month for a family that is under 40 years old with no pre-existing conditions that lives in a metropolitan area (houston Dallas Austin SA)
                So over $2k a month I've only seen that for elderly or hyper-obese folks.

My suggestion is that it's a free market economy.
                Go work somewhere that they cover all if not a big chunk of your health insurance if you want lower rates.

Kinda like driving a F350 complaining about gas prices.

Comment

What do all of you do for a living to have insurance this high?

I pay $1467 a year for medical, dental and vision for myself. My wife pays about the same so about $3000 a year for the both of us.

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                  no way.
                  you're being subsidized by someone.
                  Of course I am. That’s why I asked what people do for a living to have insurance that high. Are they self employed, retired at an early age, or working for a company and the insurance provided is that high?

No offense to you because I'm talking in general terms but this right here is one reason we are in this bind. When O care first hit the only people screaming was the 20% that got screwed right away. Most people who had a job that were not affected didn't care. Then as the ones screwed first calmed down (because no one else gave a crap so they gave up) the next group got screwed...

I never understood why people can't see they will be screwed next. We will all lose eventually but because we didn't stand together and fight this crap in the beginning.

Sooner or later the people with jobs will have to call BS and make everyone pay their fair way.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                    We have some friends that are on one of the Christian group share plans and they like it. Basic visits are out of pocket but more expensive things are covered from what I understand.

Unless I’m self employed I’ll never take a job without good insurance again. My current company sucks so we switched to my wife’s insurance and it’s amazing. We are on the highest plan and for a family it’s $600 mo with really low deductible and max oop. Without good insurance I’d have to have a $15-20k bump in my base to equal out
                    Good luck! I don't know of any company that offers better insurance. Seems like they are falling like dominoes as far as getting worse and worse.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                      Hmmm

HISD is around $550 per month for an entire family

I think I pay like $70 per month for my family

And yes I work (contract) for a publicly traded company and have access to their group plan.

As stated before I have clients in the medical/pharma industries.

I've also had clients in tech and e-comm and they had similar rates to HISD $400 to $500 per month for a family plan

I don't think I've ever seen a plan over $1k per month for a family that is under 40 years old with no pre-existing conditions that lives in a metropolitan area (houston Dallas Austin SA)

So over $2k a month I've only seen that for elderly or hyper-obese folks.

My suggestion is that it's a free market economy.

Go work somewhere that they cover all if not a big chunk of your health insurance if you want lower rates.

Kinda like driving a F350 complaining about gas prices.

Please tell us exactly what plan you have with HISD where you only pay $70 a month for your family?

Comment

Please tell us exactly what plan you have with HISD where you only pay $70 a month for your family?

And then show us a pay stub and prove that he’s only paying $70 a month for his entire family.

Comment

My wife is a school teacher and we are paying $2040 a month for our family of 4 through her work. It's going up again this year, though I think about $150 more starting in August or September. We've got to find something else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                            And then show us a pay stub and prove that he’s only paying $70 a month for his entire family.

My employer would have to pay 96% of my premium to get mine down to $70/mo. That’d be nice!!

Comment

And...he gone!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                                Good luck! I don't know of any company that offers better insurance. Seems like they are falling like dominoes as far as getting worse and worse.
                                I think a lot of it depends on industry. My wife works for a big tech company and premium benefits is how they attract top talent. It is insaine what people have to pay right now for things and no wonder that medical debt is piling up. I just got the bill for my wife’s delivery and a 1 week stay in the NICU for our daughter and before insurance it was $40k... no way I’d be able to cover that without insurance

Comment

Working...
                                X