No announcement yet.

2022 -2023 Duck Season Thread!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are so many birds down here now it’s not even funny…

Watched thousands of teal, spoonies, gadwall and pintail in our fields this morning. Just playing the hurry up and wait game now!

Comment

Been slowing down getting busy with other things but did manage to get my first snipe, then went and bought specific ammo for them and I think they migrated out now. Will be hunting those boogers specifically a few times next season as I’ve got a couple places they load up in.

Another day got my first grouse while doing some scouting for new areas. Killed my first greater scaup as well that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got out late yesterday and took a little longer to check out a new place than I thought it would. Still managed to scratch up a couple. My first plumed out greenheads. Been learning a ton. I think I learn something each time I’m out there. Yesterday learned that just the mallard drake whistle will turn ducks pretty good even if they’ve passed your spread several times and there is something there they don’t like.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post

Watched thousands of teal, spoonies, gadwall and pintail in our fields this morning. Just playing the hurry up and wait game now!
          I don't think 2 more ducks could have sat on our reservoir this last sunday!

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post

No water up here for them.

We need a lot of rain in a bad way if we’re going to have a decent season.

Dad has one low field he was done in and moved a little water into. He said there’s only been a thousand or so early ducks in it and some decent wads of specs.

I’m getting depressed thinking about season with this drought!!!! The birds need water up here to have good overwintering conditions, hunting be dammed. If Arkansas doesn’t have good water, it hurts the whole flyway and duck health.

Comment

Reservoir holding a few today

Comment

NE, KS and OK all are in level D4 drought. I think the birds are moving down faster this year due to this. I expect the coast is going to be the place to hunt this year. It's in D0 drought while much of north Texas is D0 or D1. Six or seven inches of rain between now and December may make for some good hunting in North Texas.

Bad part is, only one year in five have water levels increased in the fall. A good tropical storm would be a big help for us in the north.

Comment

Beautiful pics yall!

Comment

It's getting close! I have been scouting some areas lately & things are lookin good for the opener! I can't wait! Excited as a fat kid in a candy store!!!

Good luck to Everyone this season!

Comment

Congrats diamond!

Comment

Monday's rain halted the drop on some NTX lakes. Friday's will probably improve on that depending on how full the tanks are currently.

I'm getting excited as well. Question is, will I sleep on the ground or in my boat on opening eve.

Great pics by the way. I forgot to say that last time.

Comment

From what I saw yesterday, most of the tanks around these parts were pretty full. But didn't notice any birds on them.

The lake, not so much. Still need a lot more to get the water level up.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!
                          Last edited by Texas Grown; 10-26-2022, 10:13 AM.

Comment

The place is PACKED. Teal for the most part but seeing plenty of big ducks showing up. We are pumping, but sure need a good rain..
                            Attached Files
                            Lesto!!

Comment

2022 -2023 Duck Season Thread!!!!!!

Saw tons of ducks last weekend. Incredible numbers of pintail and lots of gadwalls. I am pumping up another 80 acres this week and following that with 80 more next week on top of some wetlands I have had water on since 1-Sept.

Comment

Awesome pics ya'll! I'm starting to see coots and some flight ducks on the lakes fishing. Birds are starting to migrate!!

Comment

Working...
                                X