No announcement yet.

Fawn Recruitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven’t done my other places yet. But one of my places in Colorado County came in at 12.5%.

Comment

I’ve noticed lots of singles this year compared to twins in the past few years on a few different properties in Smith County. All low fence.

Comment

Low where Im at too

Comment

Originally posted by webb09 View Post
          We fly this coming weekend. I don’t expect anything over 7%
          that's rough. I am thinking about the same for our place, maybe worse due to the grazing. the one aspect I try to remain hopeful on is the area around the tanks is really thick, and the does like to bed down there. we will see. So far in about 8 trips to the lease, I've seen 2 fawns.

I guess the positive side when you have to debate if a deer is 7 or not in 2029, you can be pretty sure it's not since an entire age class just disappeared

Comment

My place is in Parker county. Have seen 3 fawns just this morning. Seem to be in good numbers here.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
              that's rough. I am thinking about the same for our place, maybe worse due to the grazing. the one aspect I try to remain hopeful on is the area around the tanks is really thick, and the does like to bed down there. we will see. So far in about 8 trips to the lease, I've seen 2 fawns.

I guess the positive side when you have to debate if a deer is 7 or not in 2029, you can be pretty sure it's not since an entire age class just disappeared
              Exactly. Ours was 3%, but after problems w chopper, didn’t get in the air till after 10:30

Comment

Haven’t seen a fawn in Rufugio/Bee county, big rains came way to late.

Comment

This weekends blind counts had us around 18% so above what the biologist thought but it was just a sporadic count with only about six of us. No one saw a set of twins.

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                    Did our helicopter survey yesterday and we had 45%. High fence in LaSalle county. I think the rains were about a month late.
                    What’s “Normal” on your place ?
                    Any cattle on that place ?

Thanks
                    Last edited by Big pig; 10-03-2022, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by webb09 View Post
                      Exactly. Ours was 3%, but after problems w chopper, didn’t get in the air till after 10:30
                      ugh, that sucks. hopefully they missed some that were bedded down.

one of the guys watched a solo doe come out a couple hundred yards north of a blind, walk about 200 yards to the west of the blind, and when she came back out, she had a fawn with her.

so there was the 1 fawn we saw this weekend

Comment

Working...
                      X